• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is Joe Burrow’s superior trait to Kenny Pickett?

FuFuLamePoo

There isn’t one single trait, measurable or stat that would suggest Kenny Pickett is even close to as good as Joe Burrow at literally anything.  He was better his last year than previous years.  That the only similarity at all.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

BIGGER HANDS. Lol. People trying so hard to rationalize this potential pick.  Pickett is not Burrow.  Pickett is Colt McCoy but with less college success.  I saw a mock with us taking Pickett and the commentary went like this "Pickett is not worth the 6th pick and the Panthers would like to trade down but whatever"  Pick after is Linderbaum to Giants.  So entire top ten has comments how ie Hamilton is a unicorn, Tyler would solidify interior, Ikem aggressive and athletic skills would bolster line.  Etc etc.   So I am not excited bout "baby hands" Kenny.  Nobody is.  

Edited by mickeye76
Was not done.

5 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

BIGGER HANDS. Lol. People trying so hard to rationalize this potential pick.  Pickett is not Burrow.  Pickett is Colt McCoy but with less college success.  I saw a mock with us taking Pickett and the commentary went like this "Pickett is not worth the 6th pick and the Panthers would like to trade down but whatever"  Pick after is Linderbaum to Giants.  So entire top ten has comments how ie Hamilton is a unicorn, Tyler would solidify interior, Ikem aggressive and athletic skills would bolster line.  Etc etc.   So I am not excited bout "baby hands" Kenny.  Nobody is.  

Burrow’s hands are actually pretty small too. He had the smallest hands of a first round QB since 08. He was 9” and Pickett’s are coming in at 8.25.” Honestly I wouldn’t use Burrow’s athletic ability or measurements to project a QB. Burrow’s cut from a different cloth with his mental toughness and football IQ. He is the most Brady-like of any QB I’ve seen yet.  

• Pie 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:34 PM, ForJimmy said:

Burrow had better stats/wins, but a much more talented roster. Then there is hand size, but that is overblown. The same people that complain about Rhule talking about arm length for a LT will talk about hand size for a QB. 

I actually think hand size matters a lot. To overcome a lack of velocity on the throw you better be the next Peyton Manning. Anyone here think that’s Pickett? I don’t. 

Burrows arm is underrated. Is he Herbert? No. But he’s got good (not great) velocity. I think Picketts arm is gonna expose him at the Senior Bowl. I think by the end of all this the QB rankings are goin to be:

1. Corral

2. Howell

3. Pickett and Willis

Where are people getting this "Kenny Pickett is Joe Burrow" comparison? Is it because they had excellent senior years? 

Burrow threw for over 1350 more yards and nearly 20 more TDs while throwing less picks. His A/Y was 10.8 (12.5 AY/A) compared to Pickett's 8.7 (9.7 AY/A) and he had a completion percentage of 76.3% compared to Pickett's 67.2%. Burrow also ran for over 150 more yards for the same amount of rushing TDs.

On top of that, Pickett's record lifetime at Pittsburgh vs. opponents that remained ranked at the end of the season was 3-7, with 2 of those wins coming in his senior year against Wake Forest and Clemson. Burrow was 7-0 in his senior year against top-25 opponents with Ws over Clemson (NCG), Oklahoma (Peach Bowl), and Georgia (SEC Championship). Against those three, Burrow averaged a 69.9% completion percentage, 435 yards passing, 40 yards rushing, 6 total touchdowns, 10.4 Y/A (12.8 AY/A). No picks nor fumbles.

To put that last bit into perspective: Pickett's best game of his entire college career was arguably against Western Michigan where he went 23/31 (74.2%), 382 passing yards, 57 rushing yards, 6 passing TDs, 1 INT, 2 fumbles, and a 12.3 Y/A.

Burrow threw for 50 more yards and had a 6:0 TD:TO ratio in postseason games compared to Pickett's 6:3 during his best game.

Kenny Pickett isn't anywhere close to Joe Burrow's level. When Burrow played against elite comp, he stepped up. Pickett didn't.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

29 minutes ago, Icege said:

Where are people getting this "Kenny Pickett is Joe Burrow" comparison? Is it because they had excellent senior years? 

Burrow threw for over 1350 more yards and nearly 20 more TDs while throwing less picks. His A/Y was 10.8 (12.5 AY/A) compared to Pickett's 8.7 (9.7 AY/A) and he had a completion percentage of 76.3% compared to Pickett's 67.2%. Burrow also ran for over 150 more yards for the same amount of rushing TDs.

On top of that, Pickett's record lifetime at Pittsburgh vs. opponents that remained ranked at the end of the season was 3-7, with 2 of those wins coming in his senior year against Wake Forest and Clemson. Burrow was 7-0 in his senior year against top-25 opponents with Ws over Clemson (NCG), Oklahoma (Peach Bowl), and Georgia (SEC Championship). Against those three, Burrow averaged a 69.9% completion percentage, 435 yards passing, 40 yards rushing, 6 total touchdowns, 10.4 Y/A (12.8 AY/A). No picks nor fumbles.

To put that last bit into perspective: Pickett's best game of his entire college career was arguably against Western Michigan where he went 23/31 (74.2%), 382 passing yards, 57 rushing yards, 6 passing TDs, 1 INT, 2 fumbles, and a 12.3 Y/A.

Burrow threw for 50 more yards and had a 6:0 TD:TO ratio in postseason games compared to Pickett's 6:3 during his best game.

Kenny Pickett isn't anywhere close to Joe Burrow's level. When Burrow played against elite comp, he stepped up. Pickett didn't.

I agree with everything you posted and Burrow is obviously the better prospect. The counter argument to the Burrow vs Pickett is Burrow had a NFL supporting cast from RB to WR3 and Pickett was working with 3/4 star recruits at Pitt. They both had a surprise year and are known as film room junkies. Again I don’t think Pickett is in Burrow’s league, but it would be interesting to see what he would have done on that LSU roster. 

• Pie 1

After watching Burrow in these playoffs anyone who thinks Pickett is similar is joking themselves bc of the 5th year senior thing. Burrow is elite. He’s a generational QB that basically got caught in a no win situation at OSU. Then he went to another blue chip school and dominated. 

You could also make the argument that Day and Meyer screwed up and basically eye ball tested their QB based on physicality (which matters more in college football) than they did pure passing ability. 

Burrow goes to LSU and basically he and Chase make Ed freaking Orgeron look like a genius…and we all know about Joe Brady. 

The secret was…it wasn’t coach O, Brady, Chase or Jefferson. It wasn’t CEH in the backfield. The special sauce was Burrow the whole time. So no…..Kenny Pickett isn’t Joe Burrow. Everyone needs to stop trying to compare. Their career arcs aren’t remotely similar other than Pickett was middling in a garbage division at a mostly garbage football school and has pretty garbage “traits.” Burrow on the other hand is elite

• Pie 1