• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kirk Cousins Trade Potential?

AndrewLaskoski

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

He is 33 and has a grand total of 4 playoff games.  He is just a stat machine and not a winner and to top it off he is kindof a moron

33 is QB prime these days in the NFL. Winning in the NFL is not due to a single person. He took the WFT and the vikings to the playoffs. Both were middle of the road teams with middle of the road coaching staffs....

Again, I said I would take him on the cheap.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

33 is QB prime these days in the NFL. Winning in the NFL is not due to a single person. He took the WFT and the vikings to the playoffs. Both were middle of the road teams with middle of the road coaching staffs....

Again, I said I would take him on the cheap.

I would rather roll with sam then give Kirk a cheap multi year deal.  He aint the answer in any capacity. 

Kirk may win enough that rhule would keep his job.  Kirk might could get to 8 wins on general principle

Edited by mrcompletely11

19 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I think I would die a little on the inside if we trade more future assets for Kirk Cousins

I don’t get the Cousins slander around here. Dude was 66%, 4200 yards, 33 TDs and 7 INTs this year. Are y’all telling me you wouldn’t take that kinda production from our QB in a damn heartbeat? That would be the 2nd best season a Carolina QB ever had….

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would rather roll with sam then give Kirk a cheap multi year deal.  He aint the answer in any capacity. 

Kirk may win enough that rhule would keep his job.  Kirk might could get to 8 wins on general principle

Do you have any constructive points to support your argument why he would not be the answer here? (Vaccination status should not be a factor here)

Use the dookie we already over paid for, this fixes nothing except making another mistake to cover up the last one. Who is a free agent that would want to do a prove it year? That is who we should be talking about. 

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

I don’t get the Cousins slander around here. Dude was 66%, 4200 yards, 33 TDs and 7 INTs this year. Are y’all telling me you wouldn’t take that kinda production from our QB in a damn heartbeat? That would be the 2nd best season a Carolina QB ever had….

As a free agent? Maybe. As a trade? Fug no. That ship sailed and sank now it's blocking the harbor.

Edited by Waldo

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

I would take him. But not in this poo show we are stuck in right now. We have traded the farm twice for a QB one not even playing for us. We don’t have the capital left, and I’d rather not fug up the draft picks next off-season. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I would take him. But not in this poo show we are stuck in right now. We have traded the farm twice for a QB one not even playing for us. We don’t have the capital left, and I’d rather not fug up the draft picks next off-season. 

Even if it is a 6th or 7th rounder as the article states? Also, a compeltely revised and overhauled contract, ahaha.

There's no way the Steelers are dumb enough to trade for Kirk Cousins. The Broncos? Maybe. The Panthers? Definitely.

Imagine getting suckered into terrible QB trades in back to back offseasons by the NY Jets and the Detroit Lions. I mean if we're in a race to establish ourselves as hands down the worst organization in the NFL, that's how you'd do it

• Flames 2

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

4300 yards 33 TDs 7 ints 67% completion % and almost 12 yards per completion 

Vikings werent bad because of Cousins. They were bad because of their defense and Cook not able to stay healthy on a run heavy offense. 

Let this sink in, Cousins threw more TD's last year than the Panthers have thrown as team the past two seasons.  Our rebuild is a year behind after the disastrous 2021 season. Our problems won't be solved by drafting any of the available QB's in the first round of this years draft

If we did get Cousins, then he could hold things down for the next couple of seasons as we address our weak areas (O-line, LB, S, run stoppers)this off-season. We could then afford to go all in for a QB during the 2023 draft and have someone ready to replace him round 2024-2025.

I'm just curious as to what type of compensation that Vikings would want in return for a trade.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's no way the Steelers are dumb enough to trade for Kirk Cousins. The Broncos? Maybe. The Panthers? Definitely.

Steelers would 100% trade 2 day 3 picks for this guy. Then all of sports media would call the Steelers geniuses. Same for the broncos as well. 

Edited by TheCasillas