• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 QB draft Class..

WOW!!

10 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I think Strong will be the best qb in this class

As long as he doesn't come here.  He could be instantly successful in Pittsburgh.  That fit in particular just seems really good and he could rock it with Dionte & Claypool.  Or Tampa if Brady retires.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think Strong is basically Jacob Eason. He better get really good at reading defenses and making quick decisions because he has no ability to go off script. You don't want a Johnny Manziel type where he just wants to basically go into the huddle and say, "Okay, broken play scramble drill on three! Let's go!" but you'd like some ability to buy time or make something happen when the play breaks down. Sure, it didn't matter for Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but do you really want to bet on this kid having that level of football mind?

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Strong is basically Jacob Eason. He better get really good at reading defenses and making quick decisions because he has no ability to go off script. You don't want a Johnny Manziel type where he just wants to basically go into the huddle and say, "Okay, broken play scramble drill on three! Let's go!" but you'd like some ability to buy time or make something happen when the play breaks down. Sure, it didn't matter for Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but do you really want to bet on this kid having that level of football mind?

Those best immobile guys are elusive. Efficient presnap & quick with the subtleties, pump fakes, misdirects.

I see that Strong has the presnap adjustments and on-field communication down well which is rarer these days, but it’s the momentary moves you need to make with confidence under duress that make up for that immobility. Similar to what you’re saying.  I was a bit blind at first but you can see it watching the vids that show every pass attempt on the video internet box. 

Put him on the right team and he’s Matt Ryan+ with a bit of Stafford. Could have a few years where he pops but then games where he goes pedestrian. Definitely that type ceiling. Floor though, yup..Eason. Hopefully not Mallett.

Edited by davos

No thank you. Sam Darnold is a better option than all of these overhyped QBs, and I don't want Sam Darnold as the starter. If the NFL was about track meets and throwing up long prayer bombs, some of these QBs would be good on the NFL level.

Almost all of them are not at all cool under pressure and that is with blue chip OLs to give them time in a pocket. Let me see them behind a struggling OL they have to take hits and deliver the ball with confidence. I want a QB who knows placement, read a defense well pre-snap, and can throw their receiver open. Not seeing that from this group.

There is a QB some team will land in mid to late rounds that will make this batch of QBs ahead of them all look like failed draft picks.

I still like Howell.  He had a great 2020 season because he had great receivers and a good running game.  If we somehow addressed the IOL through free agency. I think trading down and getting a rookie O-lineman in round one and picking up a 2nd round Howell would be a good pick there.

We have solid receivers and if CMC can stay healthy a solid running game.  It will all depend on how well we do in free agency.  Furthermore, Howell could sit behind Darnold for most of the season and we can continue to build the O-line through the draft.  By 2023 he would be our starter with a solid O-line. 

Once again it comes down on how well we address the offensive line.  This has to be our #1 Priority in Free Agency.

7 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

No thank you. Sam Darnold is a better option than all of these overhyped QBs, and I don't want Sam Darnold as the starter. If the NFL was about track meets and throwing up long prayer bombs, some of these QBs would be good on the NFL level.

Almost all of them are not at all cool under pressure and that is with blue chip OLs to give them time in a pocket. Let me see them behind a struggling OL they have to take hits and deliver the ball with confidence. I want a QB who knows placement, read a defense well pre-snap, and can throw their receiver open. Not seeing that from this group.

There is a QB some team will land in mid to late rounds that will make this batch of QBs ahead of them all look like failed draft picks.

Sam Darnold is your best option if you're shooting for the #1 overall pick in 2023. The guy we just hired as OC says Darnold sucks. 😂

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sam Darnold is your best option if you're shooting for the #1 overall pick in 2023. The guy we just hired as OC says Darnold sucks. 😂

1000%  Build the line draft a qb.  Its a plan.  If Darnold is the starter and Walker is the backup then its locked in stone that we will have a top 5 pick.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The best under pressure might be Howell. He face pressure pretty much every snap this past year. Willis had a poo line too. 

Our smartest move would probably be to try to trade back a few spots to recoup some of the draft capital we've pissed away and draft Howell and then spend the majority of the rest of our available assets on beefing up the OL.

But we've made very few smart football decisions under Tepper's brilliant Appaloosa Model.