• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship games thread

Mr. Scot

Glass half full, at least I have some time to get my anxiety medication dosage correct. If the Panthers were in any of the last 5 playoff games these last two weeks, I think my heart may have exploded. Games like the NFC Championship against the Cardinals are a blast. These 'every play could decide it' games, I'm not sure I could even watch.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Manufactured LA teams are only gonna get so many real fans. Shoulda kept the Chargers in San Diego as well

One of my best friends was a Chargers season ticket holder for a decade. When they left San Diego, it was like the franchise no longer existed to her. They would have been so much better off in San Diego. They needed a new stadium, but that shouldn't have been an impossible task.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

Glass half full, at least I have some time to get my anxiety medication dosage correct. If the Panthers were in any of the last 5 playoff games these last two weeks, I think my heart may have exploded. Games like the NFC Championship against the Cardinals are a blast. These 'every play could decide it' games, I'm not sure I could even watch.

Nah man, 2003 vs the Rams will be burned in my memory. I love those types of wins 

• Pie 3

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Nah man, 2003 vs the Rams will be burned in my memory. I love those types of wins 

I think it was here where I brought that game up last week. That Rams game, that FG in OT, I still get scared that it is going to go in before it falls short. I did love that game, but I was also only like 16 years old at the time. I think I would legit be in the fetal position if that same game took place today.

• Pie 1

College format is interesting and far and away better than the NFL format.  The NFL format was mostly designed during the old days, when NFL games tended to be very low scoring and dominated by defense.  With the rules changes making offense easier, the OT format needs to become more modern and closer to being fair/even for both teams.  Some model of the college style would be a vast improvement.  But the NFL tends to be slow to adapt major changes to the game.  

That being said, kudos to the Bengals defense.  Amazing that they kept Mahomes out of the end zone from late in the second qtr, thru the second half and one series in overtime.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II