• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Rams will be the away team in their stadium

Wes21

Its kind of a weird thing to think about, but the Rams will be the away team for the Super Bowl.  Each conference takes turns being the home team, and the NFC was the home team last year.  But I guess if any team is prepared to be the away team in their own stadium, its the Rams who share a stadium with another team and regularly have half the stadium filled with opposing teams fans.

So the Bengals will get their choice of uniforms, and the Rams will call the coin toss.  I would assume the Bengals get the home locker room as well.  Normally I wouldn't even think about that, but Jon Gruden made a comment that SoFi stadium made the visitor's locker room awkward...The locker room here is the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen," Gruden said. "I mean you can’t see anybody. It’s like a maze. Whoever contorted this visiting locker room, I’d like to meet this guy, see what his idea was."  

https://sports.yahoo.com/jon-gruden-blasts-maze-of-a-locker-room-weather-delay-at-roofed-so-fi-stadium-195255272.html

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

I had always wondered how they would choose home/away teams if it was Jets/Giants or Rams/Chargers in their shared stadiums. I just talked about this yesterday to my roomate.

Thanks for answering that for me without having to google it.

Since you are curious about the details, I will throw in something that Pat Kirwan has said.  He said one of the things that he hated about working for the Jets was that it was the Giants stadium and the Jets were just tenants.  He said you could walk thru the facility and it became obvious who's stadium it really was, even when they tried to dress it up in Jets gear during Jets home games.  I've never been to that old stadium so I have no idea how true it was.  But he said it made it harder for them to recruit free agents, etc.  I believe the Jets corrected that mistake when they built the new stadium, and have an actual joint ownership stake now.

He was very vocal when the Chargers were moving, and said he would recommend they get their own stadium or find a way to become equal partners. He said it would be a mistake to become tenants in another teams stadium like the Jets were.  And that's exactly what the Chargers ended up doing...becoming tenants in Rams stadium.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Since you are curious about the details, I will throw in something that Pat Kirwan has said.  He said one of the things that he hated about working for the Jets was that it was the Giants stadium and the Jets were just tenants.  He said you could walk thru the facility and it became obvious who's stadium it really was, even when they tried to dress it up in Jets gear during Jets home games.  I've never been to that old stadium so I have no idea how true it was.  But he said it made it harder for them to recruit free agents, etc.  I believe the Jets corrected that mistake when they built the new stadium, and have an actual joint ownership stake now.

He was very vocal when the Chargers were moving, and said he would recommend they get their own stadium or find a way to become equal partners. He said it would be a mistake to become tenants in another teams stadium like the Jets were.  And that's exactly what the Chargers ended up doing...becoming tenants in Rams stadium.

Maybe it was because giants were usually on fox and jets on cbs, but I swear that entire field and atmosphere looked drastically different on TV depending on which team was playing that day (when not facing each other).

45 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Looks like a set up to me.  Tampa, now LA?

Shenanigans.

Former player says it's rigged. We, as Panthers fans have experienced two obviously rigged Superbowls. The guy in the interview above said they knew every play the other team was running BEFORE the game. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Former player says it's rigged. We, as Panthers fans have experienced two obviously rigged Superbowls. The guy in the interview above said they knew every play the other team was running BEFORE the game. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

It’s not personal, just business.