• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior bowl preview..

WOW!!

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

The way they talk about Malik is the same way they talked about Josh Allen... The question is do you have faith in Sean Ryan and Mcadoo to develop him.. 

He needs technical work and how too's on reading defenses and running a NFL offenses.. But the Raw Clay is elite QB level player...

I thought he's supposed to be completely wild. Like Vick bad accuracy. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Not even close, I’ve seen every single game he’s played at the collegiate level and many of them live.

He has one of the best deep balls in all of college football and can make every NFL throw… his velocity and arm strength is insane. You factor that in with his ground game and his just flat out ridiculous Houdini like plays and it’s easy to see why scouts are high on him.

A lot of his mistakes were due to pressing because of the talent level around him. He had maybe other NFL caliber player to work with on offense (WR-Demario Douglas) and his offensive line was horrid.

His mechanics needs work but I don’t put much stalk into that talk. Those issues can be ironed out.

Overall a lot of the concerns with Malik are the same concerns that people had with Cam. The Josh Allen comparison (not stylistically) is spot on, he’s perceived a certain way by people but in reality he has the tools to be a really good QB.

At times he’s inconsistent but he certainly has the ability to be consistent and put the team on his back. He willed Liberty to wins against teams like Virginia Tech and Coastal Carolina. Bottom line is the guy is a flat out winner. Until this year no one even knew who Liberty was, Willis put them on the map.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Overall, I like what I’m hearing in regards to Willis and Howell (my top 2 guys), they seem to be separating themselves.

Strong seems to be making his way up the board a tad and might be able to compete with Pickett.

Zappe is a meh prospect but he might turn out to be a solid backup.

Ridder’s stock is tanking.

I have:

1A) Willis

1B) Howell

——————

3A) Pickett

3B) Strong

——————

5) Zappe

——————

6) Ridder

Corral fits in somewhere between Howell and Pickett/Strong.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Not that I've seen, mostly just raw footwork in the pocket, wasn't really in a system where he was reading pre-snap, just rolling with the punches. Occasionally doesn't run when he could. As far as making crazy ass Mahommes/Allen/Dangeruss throws he can do that naturally and should only get better at it. This is a long but decent film breakdown. In some portions the dude gives him poo for throwing a bad ball but to me they're mostly dead plays where he throws the ball off the ideal mark but favoring the receiver/away from possible interceptions on purpose. I'll take that over just chucking it into the sidelines where there's zero chance of anything.

• Pie 1