• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

good chance Jags go LT with #1 pick

BlitzMonster

On 2/9/2022 at 6:58 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

Icky is a superior run blocker (by a lot), Cross is the superior pass blocker (by a lot) and Neal is the freak that does both okay.

If they cannot trade out, it wouldnt surprise me to see Cross go 1 overall just because of the passing offense that peterson will install.

Before the draft season started I was confident we would have a shot at 2 of the 3, now I am just hoping one of the 3 falls to us.   Part of me does wonder however what would Hamilton on this defense look like,

I think Cross makes it to 6 and I would be happy with him there

Too bad Rhule is taking Pickett

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

On 2/14/2022 at 9:28 PM, ForJimmy said:

If Cross, Icky, or Neal are there at 6 it would be hard not to pick them. If not, I think it’s wide open for QB or trade down or who knows.

I have a feeling that Neal is the one that slides to us if I were to guess.  Icky has all but caught Neal on many BBs I've seen, if not surpassed him, and Cross keeps getting higher too.  Cross has the best ceiling as a pure pass pro LT, Icky behind him and whereas Neal has the lowest ceiling.  I think the two guys that have the ability to take the next step as franchise LTs may end up ahead of Neal.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I have a feeling that Neal is the one that slides to us if I were to guess.  Icky has all but caught Neal on many BBs I've seen, if not surpassed him, and Cross keeps getting higher too.  Cross has the best ceiling as a pure pass pro LT, Icky behind him and whereas Neal has the lowest ceiling.  I think the two guys that have the ability to take the next step as franchise LTs may end up ahead of Neal.

I think Neal could be a very good starting LT in the NFL.   But his best position may really be at Guard.   He has All Pro potential there, especially if he plays for a run-centric offense like the Ravens, Browns or Titans.  With his massive size and nasty demeanor, Neal would shine blowing holes open for the RB.  

1 hour ago, BlitzMonster said:

I think Neal could be a very good starting LT in the NFL.   But his best position may really be at Guard.   He has All Pro potential there, especially if he plays for a run-centric offense like the Ravens, Browns or Titans.  With his massive size and nasty demeanor, Neal would shine blowing holes open for the RB.  

Neal and BC on the left with Moton and FA/Brown/late pick on the right with Elf in the center would be a huge jump with our new OL coach. Brown and Neal in general would add so much weight/power on the line. It would also help CMC have cleaner holes and take less hits. 

• Beer 2

On 2/9/2022 at 6:58 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

Icky is a superior run blocker (by a lot), Cross is the superior pass blocker (by a lot) and Neal is the freak that does both okay.

If they cannot trade out, it wouldnt surprise me to see Cross go 1 overall just because of the passing offense that peterson will install.

Before the draft season started I was confident we would have a shot at 2 of the 3, now I am just hoping one of the 3 falls to us.   Part of me does wonder however what would Hamilton on this defense look like,

Icky is a ridiculous run blocker. As a State fan I’m terrified of what our offense will look like without him. As a Panthers fan I’m drooling thinking about how many holes he could open for CMC. His pass blocking skills are excellent as well and will be an upgrade regardless. 

The Panthers are a mockery right now. If they found a way to get a good vet QB AND draft Icky then I honestly think we go from outhouse to penthouse in one season….

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If one of those teams grab Hamilton or QB we should be able to get Cross. 

I think Cross is going to be there regardless.  The T from State may go earlier--but Cross is one of those guys that mockers fail to value and flies in under the radar---

I am not confident that we can take advantage of the #6 pick if we do not go OL---

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Cross is going to be there regardless.  The T from State may go earlier--but Cross is one of those guys that mockers fail to value and flies in under the radar---

I am not confident that we can take advantage of the #6 pick if we do not go OL---

If Cross, Icky, and Neal are gone by 6 then trade down might be best. If Cross is there I hope we just take him and have an immediate starter on the left side to pair with BC. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think the combine is going to do wonders for his draft stock.  He is going to put up crazy numbers and a team in the top 5 will be blown away with his athleticism