• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albright: Panthers circling on Pickett

electro's horse

19 minutes ago, Verge said:

This was my last prediction 

xsPafp.jpg

I had 
Sewell > Horn > Waddle as our options 

vdRFu7.jpg

When Mac dropped I thought they would go him because of the hype he got from a few different people, that was incorrect. 

In retrospect we maybe should have taken Mac.  Good call on Horn and if Sewell was there is was probably the pick

Edited by Shocker

6 minutes ago, Verge said:

So people like Igo, me, and Norris say it happened, and then Marty Hurney says it happened, but that is just fake? I guess I am not following the logic. He literally tells you he tried to move up for Greg Little. He would have drafted Greg Little at 16 if Burns was not there. 

I just have to say that's astounding. You actually limped into this with that as a "source". A phrase that's repeated year in and out by scouts, managers, commentators. Every single draft we hear the phrase "first round talent", often a hundred times just from the commentary of the second round.

This is so disgusing that you're trying to argue this as a source. No wonder you're so far off the mark. You're reading tea leaves, and using it as facts.

Edited by Krovvy

Just now, Shocker said:

In retrospect we maybe should have taken Mac.  Good call on Horn and if Sewell was there is was probably the pick

Don't forget the Waddle prediction.

So it's Mac, then Waddle, then maybe Horn (like all the rest of the media was idicating for weeks).

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

I just have to say that's astounding. You actually limped into this with that as a "source". A phrase that's repeated year in and out by scouts, managers, commentators. Every single draft we hear the phrase "first round talent", often a hudren times just from the commentary of the second round.

This is so disgustly that your'e trying to argue this as a source. No wonder you're so far off the mark. You're reading tea leaves, and using it as facts.

Ok dude whatever you say.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

On a side note, we heard from Rhule about why he didnt take slater but I would love to know how in the holy fug they fuged up the Parsons evaluation that badly?   Lack of tape?

It baffles me that Panthers fans suddenly want to spend more 1st round picks on LBs. We probably have the strongest history at 4-3 LBs of any team in the league since our inception and that's paved the way to an overall losing record and investing far too many resources into lower value positions is a big reason why.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It baffles me that Panthers fans suddenly want to spend more 1st round picks on LBs. We probably have the strongest history at 4-3 LBs of any team in the league since our inception and that's paved the way to an overall losing record and investing far too many resources into lower value positions is a big reason why.

I would go Slater-Parsons-Horn in the last draft (assuming we had ruled out a qb)

I dont prefer MLB over tackles but that dude is special.  I would be damn sure happier now knowing we had Parsons on the roster instead of Horn.  But thats just me

Edited by mrcompletely11

So the coach and staff that is overly obsessed with metrics and a few inches or pounds...is going to completely ignore one of the biggest and most important metrics in football?

If we take Pickett, they should announce the pick and announce the firing of Rhule at the same time.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would go Slater-Parsons-Horn in the last draft (assuming we had ruled out a qb)

I dont prefer MLB over tackles but that dude is special.  I would be damn sure happier now knowing we had Parsons on the roster instead of Horn.  But thats just me

I can't complain too much about Horn. He looked legit before the injury and CB >>>>> off ball LB all day everyday. It's just that pick absolutely should've been between Fields and Slater IMO.

1 hour ago, Krovvy said:

Okay, so the trade would amount to trading up half of the second round. That is, if the rumor is accurate.

Some would say that's an okay gamble for a team without a quarterback. Especially considering most of this fanbase was okay with trading a second, fourth, and sixth for Darnold, and then argued it's fine we're taking his fifth year option.

So, the rumor of Hurney trying to trade next year's first to move back into the first in 2010 has been debunked. I know it's a huddle favorite, but it never made sense, and never had any sourced backing.

Aaahhh, no.

You suggested we didn't attempt to trade with anyone. That was proven wrong.

Then you said, "oh the rumor was that we tried to trade back into the first round". No it wasn't.

The story  was that we attempted to trade up to get Clausen, which we did. And unlike your characterization of it being just a few spots, it would have been a pretty significant jump.

As to whether people suggested we tried to trade next year's first rounder? Nobody knows for certain what was offered other than that the Rams asked for more than we were willing to give up.

Could it have included next year's first? Given that Marty had already done that twice, yes it's possible.

I get that you're trying to spend this so that you can still say you were right.

You weren't, and youve neither proven nor "debunked" anything.

28 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

So the coach and staff that is overly obsessed with metrics and a few inches or pounds...is going to completely ignore one of the biggest and most important metrics in football?

If we take Pickett, they should announce the pick and announce the firing of Rhule at the same time.

Rhule will say whatever to fit his agenda. He should not be an nfl coach. 

56 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I'm still waiting for a source on that too.

You guys will be blaming Hurney a decade from now. Meanwhile we're in a death spiral as a franchise.

Hurney flat out told reporters that he was considering a move up into round 1 to take Greg Little.  I distinctly remember that

Edited by Shocker

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Hurney flat out told reporters that he was considering a move up into round 1 to take Greg Little.

You remember correctly.

As it turns out, Hurney and the Panthers were trying to move up to get Little much earlier in the draft. Speaking in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, Hurney talked about Little. He says they were trying to trade up to get him as early as the No. 21 overall pick in the first round. 

USA Today Panthers Wire

• Pie 1