• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kayvon Thibodeaux??? How you feeling if he was the pick?

Basbear

Two weeks ago there was heavy rumors that hes falling out of the top 5, which is right into the panthers lap.

All sort of reasons- injuries, not as freaky numbers wise(projections), smaller, bad recent tape, etc etc.

Finesser said they need to improve the edge and here is a edge that once was thought as a top 3 lock.

If a run hits the LT group and NO good options to trade down...would this be a real pick in your mind??

Finesse pass rushers with a lean build don't have a great track record in the NFL. See Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan, Charles Harris, Taco Charlton, Vic Beasley (outside of rookie year), Shane Ray, and Aaron Maybin. Or even...ugh... Everette Brown.

So... No thanks. The fact that he was also seen as the potential number 1 pick and is now seen as a candidate to perhaps drop out of the top 5-10, gives me pause as well. It's never a good sign when the more someone looks at you, the less they like you.

Edited by XClown1986
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

19 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Our offense needs so much help… I would be disgruntled if we continued to ignore it. 

Just like the replies here, my feeling are the same; all over the place... There could be a LT run, plus no QB is worth 6th. Same for WR, RB, OG, C, TE. While a deep class, this cream is pure fake foam. Neal is the only player worth an top 6 pick. 

DE could be the best available pick, by a wide margin. Just like you stated, O needs ALLLLLLLL the help. I maybe the only person that doesnt care for DE Adam as a top pick, that leaves Kayvon cause no chance Im supporting drafting a safety at 6th. I dont see how finesser gets the right package to move since I feel this years top players are weak(minus Neal). 

I think this is how the draft will play, which doesnt help my panther hopium.....I doubt I will change, unless 2-4 players get top 5 red hot. Cross maaaaaay be there, 0% chance at Neal, and 15% Ikem. I dont feel Cross is top 6 worthy either....

In true black panther fashion, bad year to have a top 5/6 pick and good year to have extra mid-late picks. Panthers have the oppistite, just like were they are the only team to value LB&RB when using the 1st. Back-ass and its soooooo tiresome .

32 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If someone is willing to trade up from the early or mid teens to get him if all 3 tackles are gone then I'm good with that. Could still land Linderbaum or one of the other top LTs if they are high enough on our board. 

I dont see any smart teams trading up into the top 6 this year. My opinion and all, but seems like poor time to hold one of those given the weak QB pool. The only true jewel I see is Neal and he should be gone 1st overall. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I dont see any smart teams trading up into the top 6 this year. My opinion and all, but seems like poor time to hold one of those given the weak QB pool. The only true jewel I see is Neal and he should be gone 1st overall. 

I don't either really and if we were to trade for later 1st round picks, I think we would have to draft Thibs if we believed in him enough and try to move Burns, a 2023 pick and his still decent rookie contract with 5th year option to get a 15 and 19 like we could from Philly. There's a lot of what ifs involved with that, but I seriously think that's the only way we could trade out from 6 and not lose a whole lot IF we believe Thibs could be as good as Burns. 

23 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't either really and if we were to trade for later 1st round picks, I think we would have to draft Thibs if we believed in him enough and try to move Burns, a 2023 pick and his still decent rookie contract with 5th year option to get a 15 and 19 like we could from Philly. There's a lot of what ifs involved with that, but I seriously think that's the only way we could trade out from 6 and not lose a whole lot IF we believe Thibs could be as good as Burns. 

I think they will resign Reddick as well(around 3yr 36mill, heavy backloaded). That would put a test to my and others"you cannt have enough pass rushers/DLmen".... that pick needs to turn into a star too, given the pressure around the team/few draft picks. ugh panthers are making it hard on themselves. 

Edited by Basbear

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think they will resign Reddick as well(around 3yr 36mill, heavy backloaded). That would put a test to my and others"you cannt have enough pass rushers/DLmen".... that pick needs to turn into a star too, given the pressure around the team/few draft picks. ugh panthers are making it hard on themselves. 

Stupid moves are the reason we can't have nice things. 

• Pie 1

To add to my reply…. I’m not the biggest fan of Thib, but if it’s between him or any QB because the top 3 OT are gone, I wouldn’t mind him or the safety from ND. 

Sure, I’d rather go offense but this team isn’t 1 or two drafts away. Grab the top talent on the board, fire Rhule next year, and start an actual re-build next year allowing your new coach and staff pick their QB. 

• Pie 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, SazmoRanger said:

To add to my reply…. I’m not the biggest fan of Thib, but if it’s between him or any QB because the top 3 OT are gone, I wouldn’t mind him or the safety from ND. 

Sure, I’d rather go offense but this team isn’t 1 or two drafts away. Grab the top talent on the board, fire Rhule next year, and start an actual re-build next year allowing your new coach and staff pick their QB. 

If we're not going to get a starting LT, and can't trade down, then I'm totally on board with Hamilton. Pairing him with Chinn would be huge. 

• Pie 1