• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason Strategy

Mr. Scot

Just now, top dawg said:

Sorry, I don't accept FAs not coming here as an excuse to make mind boggling contracts. I don't mind them re-signing Thomas, but at that number--it just doesn't make sense. Fitterer is leaking any cool points he had. Rhule? He just doesn't know what the hell he's doing. 

If you break it down, the thought process is basically "We're not gonna get the best guys so let's try to keep the best guys we have."

There's a certain logic to it, but it short circuits when you understand that "the best guys we have" really aren't very good.

12 minutes ago, davos said:

It’s beyond comical at this point. This is a f*cking joke of a team. I’m nearing the tipping point for staying active for the offseason. 

My only interaction with the team at this point is on here....I like the smile it gives me here and there during the work day.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thanks for reminding me of that, Fuzz 😒

Hahaha, like I said, I come here for the daily grouping of smiles it give me to laugh at an organization that I used to care about.

I've seen some badly run companies, hell was a part of one in my career for a little bit...but this one takes the cake, this team is being run like the bar that the rich kid's dad buys for him right after college because he can't find a good job.

Disaster.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Hahaha, like I said, I come here for the daily grouping of smiles it give me to laugh at an organization that I used to care about.

I've seen some badly run companies, hell was a part of one in my career for a little bit...but this one takes the cake, this team is being run like the bar that the rich kid's dad buys for him right after college because he can't find a good job.

Disaster.

I mean it is basically the same sort of thing.

Prime difference I suppose would be this time it's more out of necessity. They chose to do so the last time.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If everything points to the team headed for disaster, the most sense would be to get rid of the guy driving the train over a cliff. 

David Tepper may be trying to save face by going with the status quo for one more season before coming to terms with the obvious, that Rhule was a bad hire.  By doing so, he is only making matters worse, much worse.

2 hours ago, CatalystNX said:

Free agents sign with shitty teams all the time. Look how many FA's the Jags routinely sign. It's about money in the end for most guys.

Personally, I've never expected us to go after any HUGE names in free agency. More likely we're looking at a handful of mid-level guys on the OL; I just hope they're half-decent ones, unlike last offseason.

The thing is the agents of these linemen know the Panthers are desperate to upgrade, so they're going to demand even more. You don't get ahead by overpaying for mid level or bad players, which is another reason why this team has gone from mediocre to very bad.

• Pie 1