• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides hiring Rhule what has been Tepper's biggest mistake so far?

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Prior relationship.

Pittsburgh guys like Ed Bouchette, Gerry Dulac, Mark Karboly and others have been talking about back channel conversations between Tepper and Colbert for years. That's why there was so much speculation that Colbert would eventually become Panthers GM.

At this point, I don't necessarily think he'd be named GM, but an outside consultant type role is very possible.

This is an awful organization…nobody wants to come here.

23 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

It has to be keeping Hurndog, right?

Does deciding to buy the team count? I really don’t think Tepper had/has any idea about what it takes to be an owner of a professional sports franchise. He just wanted to be apart of the billionaires club and have the title of wealthiest owner. I mean the guy is clearly an egomaniac.

He probably thought he could just spend money and essentially buy his way into a winning football team. I mean when your that rich you can usually just get what ever you want by just paying for it. He’s definitely not used to being told no it doesn’t work that way and failing. Hence why he hasn’t shown face since everything started going downhill.

At first he was everywhere talking about how he was going to turn this franchise around and how he won’t tolerate a losing culture. His first step into thinking he could buy himself a winning football team was paying the coach he wanted an obscene amount of money, outbidding everyone who was interested, all while stroking his ego. That has backfired in his face so badly that the team is now in worse shape than when he bought it.

So yeah, Tepper deciding to buy the Panthers is definitely #1 in my book.

It really is hard for me to believe he spent this much on a team, had no history of being anywhere but the business side of an NFL team, and didn't overpay for a legit President of Football Operations.

I'm not kidding, that was shocking to me.  Him buying the team was smart, him not handling it properly was stupid.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

It really is hard for me to believe he spent this much on a team, had no history of being anywhere but the business side of an NFL team, and didn't overpay for a legit President of Football Operations.

I'm not kidding, that was shocking to me.  Him buying the team was smart, him not handling it properly was stupid.

Have said it before: If you find yourself in position to ask the question "Is this guy really that stupid?", the vast majority of the time the answer is going to be a resounding "yes".

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

This is an awful organization…nobody wants to come here.

Well, that's because of Tepper and The Horsesh-t Way 😆

If Tepper let's somebody else run the team, that might change.

Whoa now Trigger🐎...

...you have consistently maintained Tepper is not involved in football decisions which fall under the exclusive purview of the "football people"...

...are you saying you have been wrong about this?

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Whoa now Trigger🐎...

...you have consistently maintained Tepper is not involved in football decisions which fall under the exclusive purview of the "football people"...

...are you saying you have been wrong about this?

Tepper didn't have to be involved in daily operations to turn the team to sh-t.

He did so by hiring a head coach who hadn't even proven capable of beating ranked teams at the college and giving that guy full control while also paying him a ridiculous amount of money.

This was an unforgivably stupid move, and Tepper owns it.

So far, he's shown himself to be a football moron.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper didn't have to be involved in daily operations to turn the team to sh-t.

He did so by hiring a head coach who hadn't even proven capable of beating ranked teams at the college and giving that guy full control while also paying him a ridiculous amount of money.

This was an unforgivably stupid move, and Tepper owns it.

So far, he's shown himself to be a football moron.

So what's your proffered solution?

36 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So what's your proffered solution?

Have already stated it numerous times.

Tepper needs to...

1) Fire Matt Rhule

2) Turn over the search for the next coach to either Fitterer and Morgan, an outside consultant like Colbert, or a search group, or basically anybody but David Tepper.

3) Realize he doesn't know jack sh-t about building or running a football team and henceforth sit down and shut up

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have already stated it numerous times.

Tepper needs to...

1) Fire Matt Rhule

2) Turn over the search for the next coach to either Fitterer and Morgan, an outside consultant like Colbert, or a search group, or basically anybody but David Tepper.

3) Realize he doesn't know jack sh-t about building or running a football team and henceforth sit down and shut up

So just move back to Miami and let other people competely run the business you paid for with $2.25B of cash not too long ago?

Absentee ownership if you will?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
44 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So just move back to Miami and let other people competely run the business you paid for with $2.25B of cash not too long ago?

Absentee ownership if you will?

Expand  

Well, that'd be better for the team.

I've long thought the same about Mike Jordan...

...never got my way, and you're not gonna get yours.  

• Poo 1