• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently Rhule spoke to Charlotte reporters

Mr. Scot

Jimmy G is a player who is constantly being given credit for stuff he didn’t do. 
He didn’t lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl their defense did. He lost them the Super Bowl. 
He threw 75 yards in the NFC championship game and his deficiencies were known due to the heavy amount of running. 49ers even back then knew they couldn’t put the team on his back and hope to win. 
Some stupid team will overpay. I hope to god it isn’t us. 

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I guess but would you have been more upset if he said BC is our LT this year meaning that we have no desire to take any of the top 3 LTs if they are there?

I'm fully prepared to watch us take a quarterback even if they are.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Oddly enough, I would have thought “getting the staff right” should have been a primary emphasis of his FIRST offseason prior to his FIRST season.

But thats just me.

I'd like to think that would have started with the head coach.

• Beer 2

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So our IOL is a total question mark and all of our RB's are under 205 pounds so we're going to run down the middle now? Mcadoo off to a good start already

Agreed- I'm hoping they work hard to change the IOL and add a big back if this is the new philosophy. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

Agreed- I'm hoping they work hard to change the IOL and add a big back if this is the new philosophy. 

It's being hinted that McAdoo wants big road graders.

We don't exactly have a lot of guys who fit that profile right now.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Michael G said:

If we go into the season with Eiflein as our starting Center, we are fuged. 

Whoever starts instead of Miller is addition by subtraction. The fact he started as much as he did baffles me...

Jesus I'm getting upset again thinking about how stupid the OL was managed all season. It made no damn sense whatsoever and reminds me of how little hope I have going into next season. 

• Beer 2

Sounds like we might be moving away from the WCO base (haven't looked at McAdoo's past philosophy)

I remember the Giant Offense being kinda WC-like under Macadoo. I guess he's moving away from that philosophy. They used the shotgun a lot, but still threw a lot short passes. He had Eli throw a bunch of screens. I read somewhere that they were a zone blocking scheme like what we currently use so I wonder if (based on what Rhule said) we are going to go more Gap/Power...

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

WCO is what Brady ran (influenced by Sean Payton)

My understanding was Peyton stole form every single system and formed his "own". He did change it up lots once Drew got older. Basically Payton did what smart coaches do, wonder why thats soooo hard to do?

19 hours ago, jackson113 said:

I’d like to see evidence of “football intelligence” from Matt Rhule. That seems to be a BUZZ word of his. Preaches that his players and coaches need to be tough, accountable with great football intelligence…yet he has not shown that he processes any of these characteristics himself. He is full of sh!t, a very successful bulls!t artist, but full of sh!t none the less. 

• Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

I’d like to see evidence of “football intelligence” from Matt Rhule. That seems to be a BUZZ word of his. Preaches that his players and coaches need to be tough, accountable with great football intelligence…yet he has not shown that he processes any of these characteristics himself. He is full of sh!t, a very successful bulls!t artist, but full of sh!t none the less. 

His father was a preacher and hes read lots of "How to be supreme leader" type books.  

His QB decisions saying I look forward to Cam-then cutting him, picking Teddy dishwater and paying him 30+ million for one year, Picking Sam Darnold, passing on fields and Jones, bringing back Cam just to embarrass him, looking into Jimmy/Kirk "IR meh with great talent/coach" G/Cousins, having Walker on the 53 roster......soooo much fail and I know I missed some points 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

My understanding was Peyton stole form every single system and formed his "own". He did change it up lots once Drew got older. Basically Payton did what smart coaches do, wonder why thats soooo hard to do?

All coaches do that to some level, but some are better at it than others.

Payton used primarily WCO concepts in his play design. His particular spin included a lot of natural picks. They concentrated on consistency more so than big plays, and he found the perfect quarterback to run it.