• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton restructured

Mr. Scot

Why?

Good lord he's about to trade Moton.  

I would prefer this current regime not monkey around with contracts anymore.  I fear they will screw it up so bad you couldn't get anyone to come in here even if Tepper paid them twice what he paid Rhule. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Why?

I would prefer this current regime not monkey around with contracts anymore.  I fear they will screw it up so bad you couldn't get anyone to come in here even if Tepper paid them twice what he paid Rhule. 

Not sure Rhule can do this without the sign off of our cap guy that was just promoted. Can’t remember his name. But still not sure this is a big deal considering Moton should be in our long term plans 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Why?

IMO its to taper the deal off on the backend so in case we are winning his contract isnt going to kill us

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It's really something that the team not only sucks as they do and yet has so little space, but that this is sort of a Carolina tradition at this point.

Remember last year we were talking about the crazy huge cap space we were gonna have this year? 😕

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Yeah and expect more players to be restructured to free up more cap space. It won't just be Moton. 

Trading Moton, or any veteran player on this team is fine by me. If we don't land Watson, then we won't have a competitive team until 2024 at the earliest assuming we land a good QB in the 2023 draft. 

Am I not right in thinking at one time recently we had a decent amount of cap space? WTF did we do?

It's like we sent the kids to the store and they came back with a six pack of Tab, two bags of Cool Ranch Doritos and $1.38 in loose change.

Is this the crap we have to show for close to $200 million??? Of the top 3 we have effin' Sam Darnold and Robby Anderson??? I know, I know Shaq Thompson is #2 between those guys but he's more valuable than the two of them put together! 

Do I read it right that we've got $14 million in dead money tied up in Matt Paradis, Haason Reddick and Tre Boston???

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1