• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the QBs of the 2022 draft

Verge

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This Allen comp is crazy.  They are completely different players and Allen has a rocket.  Not a fair comparison at all.  Selling yourself on Willis is incredibly tricky.  He isn’t as good a passer as Cam was coming out.  He is ridiculously raw reading defenses and isn’t accurate at all.  He is a late round QB guess type pick.  If he becomes something great he is amazing 

I’m using Allen because he is an athletic QB playing for a small school surrounded by lesser talent. Willis had Liberty playing better than Allen did Wyoming and you could argue Willis had better stats. Allen definitely has a rocket, but have you not seen Willis launching the ball downfield as well? 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The guy who won more Super Bowls than anyone else in the modern era was about as mobile as I am. 

Brees, Manning and the other Manning weren't anything special in that department either.

Speed and arm strength are so overrated on this forum.  You can basically be a statue if you are good at sensing pressure/ where its coming, reading the defense,  and getting rid of the ball fast and accurately and with anticipation.   I agree with you fully that those are the skills that win consistently. 

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Speed and arm strength are so overrated on this forum.  You can basically be a statue if you are good at sensing pressure/ where its coming, reading the defense,  and getting rid of the ball fast and accurately and with anticipation.   I agree with you fully that those are the skills that win consistently. 

It's so simple. That's why there's all these old school pocket statues lighting up the league currently. 😆

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m using Allen because he is an athletic QB playing for a small school surrounded by lesser talent. Willis had Liberty playing better than Allen did Wyoming and you could argue Willis had better stats. Allen definitely has a rocket, but have you not seen Willis launching the ball downfield as well? 

No, Allen has much more talented arm.  Not close.  There isn’t really a good comp for Willis.  He is just going to bust.  Will happen.  If you have ever been in an impossible situation, take that and multiple by 100 if he goes top 10

The guy is human.  The pressure will be enormously hard for him

Edited by Shocker

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Here are Allen’s stats:

image.thumb.png.1afb233b53006a132ce3036dacaa0e87.png

Here is part of his draft profile:

image.thumb.png.394c8c6e9339e0bd2d908d388212046a.png

So very similar to Willis. Allen is clearly taller and heavier, and with a much lower completion %. But again, very similar negatives.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Is everyone ignoring that Willis isn’t an accurate passer?  I mean he isn’t.  Damn…this guy couldn’t make it as a passer in the SEC.  He could barely do it at Liberty.  He will come here and lead us to a Super Bowl?  LoL.  No fuggin way

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Darnold is actually a very good example of this. He has the physical tools. He doesn't have the mental capacity to read a defense pre snap. 

Peyton Manning was about as immobile a QB as I can ever remember but his ability to disect a defense was unrivaled. Do you want your QB to be able to scramble? Absolutely. Do I want my QB taking unnecessary hits running? Absolutely not. 

I'll take cerebral over mobile any day. I'd rather my $15m WR get hit than my $40m QB. They're a more easily acquired commodity. We all want a Mahomes, Allen or Jackson. The real interesting thing will be how long their careers last. I firmly believe Cam's prime was shortened by the massive amount of hits he took. 

I don't think there's a Mahomes or Allen in this years draft. I also don't think there's a Brady or Manning. Maybe in a couple of years, with the right coaching. We don't have that coaching or that kind of time. 

I thought this QB class was trash because of the frontrunners. Some good soul, I forget, about two months or so made a Carson Strong thread. I do my homework on guys, the cream of the crop before the draft. I don't have patience for college ball, only interested in who can go pro. THATS when I get into these guys. The thread highlighted his arm, which is a ten out of ten, you can see that on film. His stats this year speak for themselves.

NOBODY in this draft class that I have seen has had at least 70% completion but Carrol but only one year NOT two years in a row like Strong. His OC said he's a smart kid academically but he's very smart about reading defenses. He is obsessed with his completion percentage. He's not smallish, he's 6'4" and is so tough he never missed a game even after a surgery.

He's done everything in his career to be QB1 and the hype train has missed this kid. Some team is going to get very lucky. He's a gamer. Who, as a rookie has the arm to challenge an NFL defense over the top day one a cannon, accurate, ahead of his receivers, catchable.

This is not as bad a QB draft as they think. The wrong guys are up front. Fhules Gold.

Strong is the high IQ, high percentage, QB you're speaking of. The diamond in the rough.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't want a quarterback in this draft.

honestly, this is where i am. 

better choices next year. it's a desperation pick and we will be settling for lesser talent. 

it's just not a good year to be doing it. fix the OL and get it gelling so that the new QB can come in and not have to worry about all the other parts around him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's so simple. That's why there's all these old school pocket statues lighting up the league currently. 😆

Brady did, Brees did.  Herbert ran around a 4.70 if I remember correctly.  Even qbs that are faster such as mahomes, rodgers, and burrow use their feel of the pocket much more than their speed.  

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Brady did, Brees did.  Herbert ran around a 4.70 if I remember correctly.  Even qbs that are faster such as mahomes, rodgers, and burrow use their feel of the pocket much more than their speed.  

Brees was very good on the move in his younger days. 4.7 is a solid time for a QB even in today's NFL (Rodgers ran a 4.71 and Mahomes ran a 4.8, Burrow didn't run).