• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BIGGER UPFRONT 4-2-5 DEFENSE

Woot

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

All I know is Chinn needs to be moved back…the idiocy of this franchise, how anyone can look at his 2020 rookie performance and turn around and move him is beyond baffling. And then there’s rhule

Or just put him where he should've been at SS. He is not a FS. It is so stupid to have him back peddle as a FS. Keep him closer to the LOS as a SS. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

I can see more of Burns,Brown, Nixon or Roy and Fox or Yetur "front 4" Burns alil small so he's the only exception;

With only (2) Linebackers on the field 100% of the time starters SHAQ & LUVU both are great in Run-Support and Blitzing so that helps with pressuring the QB & stopping the run "EVERY PLAY" With the backend Super Young

[Horn+Henderson+Taylor+Miles+Chinn] you can play alot of Man & Zone" I think JACKSON Fit Better then GILMORE because of his Speed & Range to help play as a Safety or Corner.. JACKSON helps prevent needing to change from 4 Corners to 3 Corner during the game.

Edited by Woot

@ OwnMyOn: I agree with Chinn 100% being more of a linebacker/safety just say Strong Safety (SS)

IN a 4-2-5 Chinn can come down in to the box 📦 to help with blitzing and run-support Especially while having 4 true Corners on the field and JACKSON able to switch up becoming the Free Safety (FS) on any play or blitz plays because of his RANGE" If Carolina becomes more stout upfront JACKSON is *way more* valuable then GILMORE do to speed, range and ability to play Corner & Safety..

Edited by Woot
  • Pie 1

27 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Or just put him where he should've been at SS. He is not a FS. It is so stupid to have him back peddle as a FS. Keep him closer to the LOS as a SS. 

I’ve never understood this either. It’s pretty obvious he’s better closer to LOS as a run stopper, covering TE’s and occasional blitzing. Maybe the emergence of Kenny Robinson will force Rhule and co to wise up.

9 minutes ago, Woot said:

@ OwnMyOn: I agree with Chinn 100% being more of a linebacker/safety just say Strong Safety (SS)

IN a 4-2-5 Chinn can come down in to the box 📦 to help with blitzing and run-support Especially while having 4 true Corners on the field and JACKSON able to switch up becoming the Free Safety (FS) on any play or blitz plays because of his RANGE" If Carolina becomes more stout upfront JACKSON is *way more* valuable then GILMORE do to speed, range and ability to play Corner & Safety..

Only Rhule can look at All-Pro potential in Chinn and be like "Nah fam, I'll just play you out of position because reasons."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, onmyown said:

All I know is Chinn needs to be moved back…the idiocy of this franchise, how anyone can look at his 2020 rookie performance and turn around and move him is beyond baffling. And then there’s rhule

Because they were looking at his fit and career longevity. He made more plays around the ball year 1, staff knows that. Finding a blend that maximizes his skill set is what they are working towards. Why can’t the brainless on the board realize that? 

Just now, Actionman0z said:

Because they were looking at his fit and career longevity. He made more plays around the ball year 1, staff knows that. Finding a blend that maximizes his skill set is what they are working towards. Why can’t the brainless on the board realize that? 

The only brainless is Rhule. It doesn't take a genius to realize Chinn needs to be closer to the LOS.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, KillerKat said:

The only brainless is Rhule. It doesn't take a genius to realize Chinn needs to be closer to the LOS.

You’re letting your blind hatred for the head coach outweigh the fact that you are not qualified to make decisions about where a player on an NFL team should or shouldn’t play. 

24 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

And anyone that thinks he is qualified to have his job is brainless so a much bigger group than just that dummy. 

mood scarecrow GIF

34 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

So his best fit was not where he was a ROY finalist and would’ve won had Young not played a flashier position? And he fits in the FS where he does not display his best skills? Can you articulate to me what Chinn has shown at the NFL level at FS this far, that supersedes his year on the outside and justifies movement to a less valuable position despite thriving at the other? I’m genuinely curious of your analysis.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2