• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

Just now, PanthersGTI said:

Bro what are you even doing here....you don't like the Panthers, you don't like the NFL.....time to let it all go. 

I am a Panther fan until the second they make this trade.  I've been here much longer than you so take a seat.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

How do you f*ck something that’s already f*cked up? Watson’s legal issues aside, a franchise QB gives you a chance. We have nothing until that position is filled. 

You f*ck up the chance of fixing the f*ck up by trading away assets that could dig you out of the hole you're in.

22 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

We don’t decide “innocent.” We decide guilty or not guilty. Liable or not liable.

I honestly believe it doesn’t matter either way because he’s going to be playing like an elite QB for somebody. Might as well be Carolina. 

Do you demand that your mailman be unimpeachable morally? Do you do a background check on your grocery store cashier? Do you demand the legal history of the front desk worker at a hotel?

Why do you feel you need to make moral judgments about football players who have zero impact on your life if you don’t do it for everyone else you interact with on a daily basis?

It’s funny, the same nancies wailing and gnashing their teeth about Watson are probably the same ones claiming black men are overincarcerated and can’t get a second chance. 

This is the biggest load of logical fallacies I've seen in a while. 

I don't get to choose who delivers my mail, checks me out at the grocery store, or works at a hotel those places of employment do.

I DO get to choose what team I root for, and I DO care about the players that represent that team. 

Like it or not, those individuals are looked up to in the community and have an impact on the surrounding area. Tell some of the under privileged kids in the charlotte area that Cam Newton or Thomas Davis didn't have an impact on their lives. Tell me how kids at Levine's Children's hospital weren't impacted by Greg Olsen and his actions.

And BTW, if I found out that the cashier at the local Publix is a registered sex offender, I would avoid that fuging Publix and go to Harris Teeter. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Not true at all. Since you said an elite QB is absolutely worth any distraction, let's go with a hypothetical.

Let's say team X has an elite white QB. This QB a racist. He gets filmed taking part in a KKK rally or march. The team's corporate sponsors pull all their funding in protest. People, fans and otherwise, protest outside the stadium daily. The rest of the team speaks out against the QB and refuse to play with him. Opposing players speak out and refuse to play against him too.

Is the elite QB worth that baggage?

Hey yal let me give you a very extreme and radical example to prove my point

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I neither follow or cheer for any of those teams or players.  The league turns a blind eye to this stuff and it's hypocritical of them to pretend they do. 

Okay, but you still watch the NFL. If you worked for a company that had a co-worker who got sexually assaulted by a guy in another department and they didn’t do anything about it would you brush it off because it was t people in your department? 

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This trade would probably leave us as the new Texans. An elite QB surrounded by a straight trash team. We'd see multiple 1st and 2nd round picks along with guys like Moore and Burns heading to Houston.

Yeah he took that Texans team to the playoffs several times and our division is pretty bad. Sneak into the playoffs and Rhule keeps his job…

Just now, SazmoRanger said:

Okay, but you still watch the NFL. If you worked for a company that had a co-worker who got sexually assaulted by a guy in another department and they didn’t do anything about it would you brush it off because it was t people in your department? 

I would not brush it off. If the company knew and ignored it I would be looking for another job.  

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You f*ck up the chance of fixing the f*ck up by trading away assets that could dig you out of the hole you're in.

We’ve had assets the last 4 years. Look how many we had in last years draft alone. It doesn’t matter. Look at the Jets, Commanders, Broncos, etc. They’ve had assets and a very good overall roster. Doesn’t matter without the QB. 

Then look at the Bengals.  Not the greatest roster, but they have the QB.