• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you like this trade back?

ECHornet

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

I don’t view Howell as a risky pick at all in the 2nd. I think of all the QBs in this draft, his floor in the NFL is easiest to predict. 

Even if it’s not Howell and instead another QB in the 2nd, I would prefer to have that QB throwing behind a young and promising OL to CMC/Robby/TMJ/Shi versus Darnold throwing behind our current OL + Cross at LT and the same receiving corp + DJ Moore. 

If the QB we select with one of our acquired picks shows promise, we could easily afford a top end WR the next year since we have a cheap QB for 3 more years + option year. I’m not saying it would be the best option, but we could then afford to make Davante Adams the highest paid WR like he desires over a 3 year contract. That’s the kind of moves that open up when you have a young QB and OL showing promise. 

I'm indifferent on Howell but I could accept it. This is a franchise that outside of 89 and Moose has had a hell of a bad time identifying and keeping talent at the WR position. The best one of the Cam years was a free agent in Ted Ginn.

My perspective is I cannot just take it for granted that we will stumble into one. CMC who knows how many games he will play. Robby had the drops last year and TMJ and Shi couldn't even get game jerseys half the time last season. They're basically rooks again this year.

And just because we are desperate for olinemen does not mean two we draft from a Moore trade will become studs. That's one big layer in all this that is getting lost. People are thinking just because we need OL so bad any we draft will be can't miss.

And btw Davante Adams will be 30 next season. Not the wisest route to make him the highest paid receiver when you can keep Moore or just draft one.

We all want the same thing but differ on the path. But one thing we should all agree on is we need to finally assemble a prolific offense. Yeah we all love hard nosed defense but it sure would be real nice to be able to put up more than 21 points. So tired of seeing this team play for field goals while others hang 40 or more points.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

if its such a good wr class then they wouldnt do it. Why have ti sign a player long term when you can have a rookie contract for 4 to 5 years.

I was referring to the 2023 WR free agents group. Should be impressive. 

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Eagles get:

#6 - 2022 (1600 value)

DJ Moore (??? value; need ~665 value to break even according to the chart which is late 1st round value)

Panthers get:

#16 -2022 (1000 value)

#19 - 2022 (875 value)

#51 - 2022 (390 value)

Reasons it could work imo…

Philly is looking for a WR. I saw someone mention they almost traded for Ridley before his issues came to light. DJ’s contract is expiring soon. The WR free agent market will be packed next year.

The Eagles would have #6 and #15 picks this year along with the WR help they need. They could address their big need at edge rusher or safety if one of Hutchinson, Thib, or Hamilton fall to #6.

The Panthers would be able to address OL and QB with the acquired 2022 picks.

Do they also need a DT?

If you put Derrick Brown in place of DJ and kept everything else the same, I'd be ALL IN FAVOR of that deal 🤩

• Beer 1