• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp, doest look like we qualify for Deshaun.

Zod

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If he doesn’t want to come here it’s a moot point.  He already has declined to meet us once so it’s not looking good.  

Sources say it’s because he wanted Miami so there was not point. Miami is out and sources are saying he’d be willing to come here. That doesn’t mean we are his first choice. I think it’s likely that the Texans want him to take our offer because it’s apparently the best. I don’t think this is anywhere close to a done deal but I think it’s naive to think we have a zero shot in this situation. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Sources say it’s because he wanted Miami so there was not point. Miami is out and sources are saying he’d be willing to come here. That doesn’t mean we are his first choice. I think it’s likely that the Texans want him to take our offer because it’s apparently the best. I don’t think this is anywhere close to a done deal but I think it’s naive to think we have a zero shot in this situation. 

We'll find out shorty I suspect

14 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

A dark horse team that would make sense would be Indy.  Get the support of all-world RB Jonathan Taylor  and play in a weak division vs the Jags and Texans x2 per year.  

Why would the Texans trade him to a team in their division? That makes no sense. In NFL even if an opponnent in your division offers you the house, you still take the deal outside of your division. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Why would the Texans trade him to a team in their division? That makes no sense. In NFL even if an opponnent in your division offers you the house, you still take the deal outside of your division. 

Texans probably are creaming their pants at the thought of Watson going here. Outside of their division, willing to give up the farm, and we're not close to a Title but Watson will make us better. Perfect for the Texans. 

3 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Dude from Houston radio just said it's us, Philly, and the vikings. But yeah, we're bidding against ourselves

Lmao you're still stewing about that? As if running to the media to tell them we are "all in" and "money isn't an issue" gives us more leverage over the Texans right? Have a good Saturday!

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Lmao you're still stewing about that? As if running to the media to tell them we are "all in" and "money isn't an issue" gives us more leverage over the Texans right? Have a good Saturday!

At this point I doubt anyone knows jack poo about the situation.  He wants to meet with potential teams and until then anyone who says they have a source or knows what is going on is full of poo. 

51 minutes ago, frankw said:

That wasn't referring to you. But if the shoe fits 

Just now, uncfan888 said:

That wasn't referring to you. But if the shoe fits 

And now it's being reported he will have no issue waiving his trade clause to go to us. But, but, we were told he wouldn't want to come to Carolina per the amazing posters on the Huddle. 

2 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

And now it's being reported he will have no issue waiving his trade clause to go to us. But, but, we were told he wouldn't want to come to Carolina per the amazing posters on the Huddle. 

Yeah. Lot of people in here tripping over themselves to tell us he didn't want to be here and we were the only team interested. 

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

At this point I doubt anyone knows jack poo about the situation.  He wants to meet with potential teams and until then anyone who says they have a source or knows what is going on is full of poo. 

Oh for sure. Now it just comes down to asking price. I've accepted we will give our all in this but I cringe at how we've signaled our desperation which has inevitably driven up the price. I can live with giving up picks I guess but two really good starters on top is steep.