• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Total BS

I am so sick of these supposed NFL insiders on here and twitter with their dumb ass "sources"

Might be true Deshaun asked the Panthers for some contract guarantees yesterday but at that point it's very unlikely he was still seriously considering a trade to the Panthers. The request was most likely made to get leverage in contract negotiations with the Falcons and the Panthers just said nah dawg we good.

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Might be true Deshaun asked the Panthers for some contract guarantees yesterday but at that point it's very unlikely he was still seriously considering a trade to the Panthers. The request was most likely made to get leverage in contract negotiations with the Falcons and the Panthers just said nah dawg we good.

Why ask for contract guarantees at all from us then?  Just as leverage against the other teams involved?

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Why ask for contract guarantees at all from us then?  Just as leverage against the other teams involved?

That's my impression of it. From everything I've heard, Deshaun pretty much made up his mind to go to Atlanta after hearing the pitches from the other 3 teams involved. Atlanta is just having a hell of a time making a deal work with that Matt Ryan contract. NFL is trying to spin a narrative that Matt Ryan has been involved in the whole process which is BS. I told you guys the storyline would begin changing today.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well whatever they did, it sounds like their "sales pitch" meeting went something like WKRP's pitch to Vicky Von Vicky jeans.

That's pretty deep, Scot. A whole new level of "obscure references."

And who tried to kiss who?

Edited by Anybodyhome

3 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Well that's mind-boggling. 

I genuinely don't get that.

If you're trying to full on recruit the guy (and this basically was a recruiting trip) why wouldn't you bring along someone he knew and worked with before?

Did you just trust Matt Rhule's college recruiting experience would be enough?