• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore Extended

CAPantherFan

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Not really. Gettis ain't got anything to do with this conversation. Unfortunately the young man got hurt, but he did flash with lesser QBs than Moore has had. 

I said it's a "good resigning".  Certainly you aren't suggesting anything more. 

I find it interesting that you used words like "trashing". Moore has proven to be a solid WR2. Neither you nor anyone else should really have a problem with that. I think that's fair. And, as always, I call it like I see it. 

Gettis is one example of the lengthy list of wide receivers we hoped would pan out into more over the years. Some had higher talent and promise than others. We just do not know his capabilities as a WR1 until we get a QB in here who can actually threaten with the deep ball consistently and open up the offense. I don't think it's hyperbole to say Sam Darnold was one of the worst passers since 2010 only Clausen was worse. Both Moore and Anderson especially have taken their share of flack for last season and yes some of it was surely legitimate. But it's time to actually give them a real chance.

18 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Yeah, that’s why I specifically named DJ

Not to keep this going back and forth, you said DJ was the only one worth extending and now you agree that Moton is worth as well. You could have meant new, or i could ask how you felt about CMC *when he got his bag. Panthers got some talented players that most other teams would do the same type of deal in on their rosters. 

For the record I didnt want either Moton or CMC(bump any of those threads) at top 5 salaries, but top 18 for DJ, i agree with that. 

23 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Not to keep this going back and forth, you said DJ was the only one worth extending and now you agree that Moton is worth as well. You could have meant new, or i could ask how you felt about CMC *when he got his bag. Panthers got some talented players that most other teams would do the same type of deal in on their rosters. 

For the record I didnt want either Moton or CMC(bump any of those threads) at top 5 salaries, but top 18 for DJ, i agree with that. 

CMC was a no win situation. Well almost. I remember when his 1,000/1,000 season ended, I reminded everyone it was time to pay him. But every different choice had legit merit. He was the best RB in the league, and made for todays game. So his contract wasn’t out of hand. Especially since he had been healthy his whole career until then. Trading him for a haul wasn’t a bad idea since there was a rebuild(or should have been) going on and no sense giving a RB a long term contract. Let him play out his last two years on rookie deal and 5th year option. CMC would have held out, and rightfully so. Same reason teams don’t want to pay a RB is why he wanted his security before he played again. It was the first time he had leverage in his career. None of these options were unreasonable. The RB blues just finally caught up to him. 

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

CMC was a no win situation. Well almost. I remember when his 1,000/1,000 season ended, I reminded everyone it was time to pay him. But every different choice had legit merit. He was the best RB in the league, and made for todays game. So his contract wasn’t out of hand. Especially since he had been healthy his whole career until then. Trading him for a haul wasn’t a bad idea since there was a rebuild(or should have been) going on and no sense giving a RB a long term contract. Let him play out his last two years on rookie deal and 5th year option. CMC would have held out, and rightfully so. Same reason teams don’t want to pay a RB is why he wanted his security before he played again. It was the first time he had leverage in his career. None of these options were unreasonable. The RB blues just finally caught up to him. 

It was a no win deal. fyi they forced that 1k/1k deal, didnt feel organic at all. I just never believe in paying RBs long term deals. PERIOD. If you bump any of those threads, i said take the 5th year and maybe one tag/two at most. But you had control for the next 4 years, they didnt have to give him that deal after the 3rd. I do understand why, cause it was a no win deal. Look for a trade if he didnt want a fair deal. No other RB has passed him in numbers- derrick, cook, cubb etc all signed deals AFTER CMC and did not pass him. 

Ive been signing that CMC needs to man-up and take a pay-cut this year. They have gotten nothing what 7 games out of 33?? Plus all the dead money, panthers gave him the highest pay and CMC should in fact take a cut even if its small. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Why would I mention Moton when he’s already been extended?