• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Look I am not a pickett fan but this couldnt be further from the truth

You and I are in the same boat. I am defending who Pickett is as a QB and I'm not his biggest fan. At least if people are going to knock him, they should understand what he brings to the table.

3 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Or you could... Ya know... Watch them play and look at their traits.

I have, almost certainly with a keener eye than you

Jones was a high tier processor with exceptional anticipation, probably as good as you’ll ever see coming out, held back by a general lack of raw athletic traits, and the reality that he played with outstanding collegiate talent

Pickett is an archetypal build and traits guy who has demonstrated the ability to make every throw but still gets caught holding onto the ball too long, for various reasons, but elevated the team around him, and made unc fans hate him because he beat their amateur program

they’re fundamentally different evaluations at their core

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

You and I are in the same boat. I am defending who Pickett is as a QB and I'm not his biggest fan. At least if people are going to knock him, they should understand what he brings to the table.

He may be coming here so we can revisit this post.

Just now, Growl said:

I have, almost certainly with a keener eye than you

Jones was a high tier processor with exceptional anticipation, probably as good as you’ll ever see coming out, held back by a general lack of raw athletic traits, and the reality that he played with outstanding collegiate talent

Pickett is an archetypal build and traits guy who has demonstrated the ability to make every throw but still gets caught holding onto the ball too long, for various reasons, but elevated the team around him, and made unc fans hate him because he beat their amateur program

they’re fundamentally different evaluations at their core

Pickett has archetypal build and traits? So he has the 10 inch hands and a rocket arm huh? Lol gtfo with that poo. I remember why I muted you for so long now. Your sense of entitlement while talking out of your ass is at a level unbearable to logical human beings.

• Pie 3

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

As others have said this just isn’t true.

I prefer Willis over Pickett but Pickett is being mocked high because he goes through his progressions better than any QB in this class.

Pickett reads the right half of the field against more competent defenses, and throws to the guy he's eye ahead of time, or checks down. Watch Pickett against Tennessee. Pro defense will eat him up.

Just now, pantherj said:

Pickett reads the right half of the field against more competent defenses, and throws to the guy he's eye ahead of time, or checks down. Watch Pickett against Tennessee. Pro defense will eat him up.

This may have been true last season, but his growth this past season, and the reason for his successful jump, is because he was able to process his reads more effectively and more often.

Pickett was told he'd e a 5th or 6th round pick and that's why he went back to school. Even with all the time he's been playing QB he's still not good at processing things. The things is this is a bad draft for QBs, so desperate teams will want to take a shot.

3 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Pickett has archetypal build and traits? So he has the 10 inch hands and a rocket arm huh? Lol gtfo with that poo. I remember why I muted you for so long now. Your sense of entitlement while talking out of your ass is at a level unbearable to logical human beings.

oh sorry, I should clarify, I was talking about things that matter.

when a quarterback can drive the 5 across his body, when he can hit the 8 falling away, when he can challenge corners on the fade

i wasn’t referring to generic terms like “rocket arm” that little brained people (like you) picked up in their Walter football scouting reports

i was referring to his ability to check the necessary boxes of things he’ll actually be asked to do as an nfl player

please put me back on ignore so I don’t ever have to risk catching one of your word vomit opinions again, or more ideally, go to the team Reddit and talk to people more of your… intellectual caliber…there