• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

12 minutes ago, pantherj said:

You want Pickett to take the top off the defense, and if he were good at that you'd see him go number one overall. He's is not good at that. He is Teddy 2.0 but with much better scrambling and throwing on the run imo. Teddy and Pickett will both move the ball down the field with their good medium and short passes. The thing is Teddy is now a backup. You have to do more.

Personal opinion but I think scouts think they can make Pickett into a mobile Matt Ryan.

Like I said, he goes through his progressions well. If a team can focus on getting him to read defenses correctly then you’ve checked a box. Additionally, if the accuracy from last year is what we can expect from Pickett in the future then you have a 68% completion percentage on your hand which is elite.

Bridgewater could be a good comparison but the thing that could make him a mobile Matt Ryan is that Pickett has much better velocity than Bridgewater and the touch he puts on passes is pretty damn good.

I think worst case scenario is Andy Dalton, the most likely scenario is probably Teddy Bridgewater (with more ball velocity) or Chad Pennington (a mobile version), and the best case scenario is a mobile Matt Ryan (if everything work out).

In order for Pickett to be a franchise QB he’ll need to read the defenses correctly, not just go through his progressions (I’m not worried about this), have elite accuracy to make up for his arm strength (I’m worried about this), and stop turning the ball over so much (I’m worried about this).

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Personal opinion but I think scouts think they can make Pickett into a mobile Matt Ryan.

Like I said, he goes through his progressions well. If a team can focus on getting him to read defenses correctly then you’ve checked a box. Additionally, if the accuracy from last year is what we can expect from Pickett in the future then you have a 68% completion percentage on your hand which is elite.

Bridgewater could be a good comparison but the thing that could make him a mobile Matt Ryan is that Pickett has much better velocity than Bridgewater and the touch he puts on passes is pretty damn good.

I think worst case scenario is Andy Dalton, most likely is probably Teddy Bridgewater or Chad Pennington, and best case scenario is a mobile Matt Ryan.

Teddy has a weird way of throwing which makes his passes a little slower and in that sense they look different, but their game looks the same to me.

13 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

No argument there, his deep ball is not great.

I haven't seen that problem while watching him. I've seen him hit his targets in the numbers while in stride over and over again at around 50 yds. He did it at his workout the other weekend and in his games repeatedly. He's the most accurate deep passer that I've watched in this draft. 

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I haven't seen that problem while watching him. I've seen him hit his targets in the numbers while in stride over and over again at around 50 yds. He did it at his workout the other weekend and in his games repeatedly. He's the most accurate deep passer that I've watched in this draft. 

He nearly hit a cameraman when he went deep against Tenn. When he misses deep it often will sail way too far.