• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

7 minutes ago, panther252 said:

I don't think it's fair to knock his arm strength. It's good enough for the nfl. One of Watson's knocks coming out of college was people were concerned with his arm strength and accuracy and then he radar gunned a 49 mph which is pitiful. Fast forward to today people will say Watson can make every throw and has a strong arm. Not saying this guy is gonna be Watson, but half the people critiquing his arm strength were probably going reverse cowgirl crazy over deshaun's arm talent a couple days ago. 

I honestly wouldn't hate the pick. I'd prefer we trade down if we are dead set on him, but it seems unfair a lot of us are predicting his career before it even starts. He's got heart and leadership. I think he can be good for us if we can take care of him.

I know Watson’s velocity was clocked low but you can watch his tape and then watch Picketts and clearly see the difference.

Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, Watson, Herbert are all guys who were drafted outside the number one pick.  But they're all WAY more talented than anyone this year. There's no reason to force this bc Pickett and Willis are not on their level by any means. I don't care what Pickett did at Pitt, he absolutely is an NFL player and maybe a starter but if yall want to win an actual Super Bowl you don't wanna settle for a guy who's a less talented Derek Carr. That's just foolish. 

Willis is more risky than Trey Lance and that guy might not even be good. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

These threads are all the same takes on repeat. Next years class is better I want the Bama QB I want the Ohio State QB. Life doesn't work the way you want it get over it. We'll draft one and if doesn't work draft another.

This is the reality of it.  Stroud and Young aren’t perfect prospects either and nothing is guaranteed.  We will draft a QB at 6.  Fairly sure atp

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

it would be such a panthers move to not draft what will become one of the fastest quarterbacks in league history who throws rockets for a guy with tiny hands that played five years of college football to become anything better than average and will be 24 to start the season. 

here's a funny stat for you... pickett is 13th all time in snaps taken in college football history. here are the other quarterbacks in the top 15: timmy chang, case keenum, dan lefevour, landry jones, luke falk, brad smith, graham harrell, colt mccoy, and our boy kenny. luke mccown, sam ehlinger, and kevin kolb round out the list of players that have taken 2,000 snaps or more.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Lots of Steeler fans and media are enamored with Pickett and want Pittsburgh to go get him.  Probably due to him being a local product but one article mentioned passing on him would be 1983 all over again.  A little over the top there

https://www.yahoo.com/now/passing-kenny-pickett-could-1983-105532822.html

This is simply wrong. Where are all these fans that want Pickett. And are comparing him to Marino. Certainly isn’t the author who likely never saw Marino play. I was literally in tears when they passed on Marino. I followed him in HS before PITT. Favorite player ever. Over any Steeler. I’m not sure anyone wants Picket at their 2nd pick except PITT homers. This is like me writing an article on. “The 3rd TRIMESTER and what women should expect”.

16 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Don’t let the media hype fool you Willis is a project who’ player projection is Jalen Hurts 

Not sure what everyone has against Pickett but the guy is calm under pressure, accurate, and processes very well 

He just doesn’t have a huge arm but you can win with a guy like Pickett 

willis can probably run a 4.4 and throws 75 mph. even if he was brain dead you could teach that to be something, but he also scored a 32 on the wonderlic.