• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on putting Cam behind this line?

RumHam

Cam's probably taking a look at these O-line signings and that's gotta be more attractive than whatever Seattle is piecing together. If CMC is healthy and Foreman can do the short yardage stuff I'd definitely be happy w 2018 checkdown/Occasional deep shot/RPO Cam. I think his biggest physical loss at this age is the scrambling in the pocket. 

• Pie 3

Some of y'all need to let it go. We just missed on DW, we have a good defense NOW all we need is a good/great QB.

Y'all are all in your emotions because Cam is the best free agent QB that will even talk to us.

His numbers last season in limited time would have been way better if he was throwing to Zylstra, our stars were underperforming by dropping and they know it.

Had that Cam, healthy Cam, NFL arm Cam, still dual threat Cam had a training camp with DJ, Robby maybe things would have been different.

If he couldn't throw he wouldn't have played for the Patriots or the Panthers that argument is nonsense, stop it.

Good thing he's already been in a Superbowl and already won NFCS and NFC Championships and is an experienced vet leader.

Good thing he's not actually shot and can give these players what they want and deserve, a chance to win.

Get out of your feelings.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Some of y'all need to let it go. We just missed on DW, we have a good defense NOW all we need is a good/great QB.

Y'all are all in your emotions because Cam is the best free agent QB that will even talk to us.

His numbers last season in limited time would have been way better if he was throwing to Zylstra, our stars were underperforming by dropping and they know it.

Had that Cam, healthy Cam, NFL arm Cam, still dual threat Cam had a training camp with DJ, Robby maybe things would have been different.

If he couldn't throw he wouldn't have played for the Patriots or the Panthers that argument is nonsense, stop it.

Good thing he's already been in a Superbowl and already won NFCS and NFC Championships and is an experienced vet leader.

Good thing he's not actually shot and can give these players what they want and deserve, a chance to win.

Get out of your feelings.

Dunno how much cap space we have left, but if he would take a $10M-ish deal with incentives up to another $10M if he's the starter, with a whole offseason to learn the playbook with an upgraded O-line, it should be a no brainer for both sides. They're obviously finally building a QB friendly team through FA, hard to tell if it's to bring in a vet or draft a guy at this point

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Dunno how much cap space we have left, but if he would take a $10M-ish deal with incentives up to another $10M if he's the starter, with a whole offseason to learn the playbook with an upgraded O-line, it should be a no brainer for both sides. They're obviously finally building a QB friendly team through FA, hard to tell if it's to bring in a vet or draft a guy at this point

We can do both. I just don't think this FO has the discipline to pick the correct QB in this draft. Their best hope is free agency though and here's Cam. Why not. He's actually done it before and is in his still early thirties and great shape, bringing the pain setting TD records.

I don't get this Cam hate. Cam has never been Drew Brees. Not his fault coaches tried to put him in a box. You have to measure Cams ground game and threat there of or your not measuring him fairly.

He can put up stellar stats, we've seen him do that. He can also still run over DBs and LBs into the end zone, he proved that. Still enough arm to overthrow Robby full speed.

Good thing is he went to QB School in New England. He's more patient, mature in his reads. Yes.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You want to give him 20 million dollars????

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

We can do both. I just don't think this FO has the discipline to pick the correct QB in this draft. Their best hope is free agency though and here's Cam. Why not. He's actually done it before and is in his still early thirties and great shape, bringing the pain setting TD records.

I don't get this Cam hate. Cam has never been Drew Brees. Not his fault coaches tried to put him in a box. You have to measure Cams ground game and threat there of or your not measuring him fairly.

He can put up stellar stats, we've seen him do that. He can also still run over DBs and LBs into the end zone, he proved that. Still enough arm to overthrow Robby full speed.

Good thing is he went to QB School in New England. He's more patient, mature in his reads. Yes.

He can also read the Defense pre-snap which was a Mcadoo trait when he did well with Eli. Sam has no clue what's going on, Baker is questionable and Rhule shouldn't be able to trade anymore draft picks for another gamble. Plus all these FA's we just signed probably all know and love Cam and know he'll bring the juice at all times good or bad

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Let’s say he gets the start. Whatever your stance, get your opinion in now so regardless of how he performs there are no excuses by the end of the season. If you’re claiming this line is legit now and we bring back our same weapons from last year with a healthy CMC and Cam doesn’t perform, there are no excuses left. 

If he does get the start, which I don’t think he will, I hope he does well.

1 minute ago, toldozer said:

You want to give him 20 million dollars????

Incentive based. Ok maybe $6M with incentives up to $10-15M if he's the starter/playoffs etc. Teddy just got $6.5M with incentives up to $10M for Miami so that's kinda more realistically what I'm thinking the market value is for the situation

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Let’s say he gets the start. Whatever your stance, get your opinion in now so regardless of how he performs there are no excuses by the end of the season. If you’re claiming this line is legit now and we bring back our same weapons from last year with a healthy CMC and Cam doesn’t perform, there are no excuses left. 

If he does get the start, which I don’t think he will, I hope he does well.

Take away the Rhule factor and Cam would easily beat out Sam and PJ in a training camp scenario

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Agreed but that’s not saying much. I still think we draft our guy or bring in another FA QB which I’m against.

I think we're set up perfect for that scenario aside from Rhule trying to save his job. Fitt basically just saved his own job with these FA signings and I'm worried Rhule is gonna muck the QB situation up somehow in panic mode

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, hepcat said:

Cam Newton will not be returning to the Panthers most likely. Seattle has offered him a contract but he’s weighing his options. 

Not necessarily. Sea offense is trash now. Just depends on where Cam feels most comfortable. 

• Beer 1