• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From observer’s Willis & Alexander why Panthers declined Watson contract demand

raleigh-panther

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

I definitely wanted Watson while we were waiting on a decision. I’m just a sore loser and hope any player fails if they are not on our team (not safety wise, just performance wise) 

I'm surely rooting against him when it comes to us. I root against everyone when it comes to us. He's in the AFC, so he shouldn't play a big part in our success or failure.

They stole my theory…lol. Well put it out there first not stole. But this was one of many reasons to not do this deal. 

Was Watson willing to change his entire social life. Not massages. Clubs or any partying where you can be accused of something and any picture from the wrong angle and a just ONE woman who wants some money, and the Panthers are stuck in this mess with a lot more money at stake. I don’t know what Ben R. did, and I’ve thought he was a D-bag before the accusations, but he got married to a Dr. and never put himself in the position to be accused again. Is Watson going today to do that in CLE. Edit: And there is no telling what any womens rights groups might have planned. Maybe nothing. I have no clue. But it’s 2022 and I would never speak for what matters to anyone else. 

Add that to injury risk(like any player) and he could easily get pissed and pull this crap again on his new team. 

This year is basically shot if he gets suspended for 8 games. In a division with the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers it’s hard to imagine contending with him out half the year. 

The theory that Tepper would let him pick the next HC. Didn’t believe that, although please hire Brian Flores and get the Steelers two extra 3rds. He’s a very good/great player but that’s crazy. His resume isn’t loaded with rational decisions and it’s ridiculous to give a player control. Just sign the team over to him. 

If someone said would you give Watson 5/230M guaranteed before any of his off - field issues, is it an immediate yes? More than Mahomes or anyone? Even if you say well, ok, we can build around him. Whoa? Not so fast. You also lose the 5 best resources to help with that building. And possibly a valuable resource you already have. How about now? The Panthers were fortunate someone came to their senses They seem to be doing well in FA. Just keep making good decisions and the wins will come. 

Edited by Toomers

14 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

do you get the SpongeBob reference? 

and btw i like corral just not at 6...  that said if the FO thinks hes the tits and they dont think they can trade back and wait then by all means take him at 6

I think Corral is maybe the most physically talented out of the whole group, and he did it in the SEC.

47 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Watson seems like an extremely low character egotistical douche. I’m disappointed it took so long and so many ridiculous demands for the Panthers to grow a backbone and stop letting themselves get played.

The 22 civil lawsuits weren’t quite enough?