• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton's "cryptic" comment got me to thinkin

MHS831

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Trade 6 for Philly's 15 and Minshew.  That's just as valuable as a 4th round pick and they have chance to get a top tier piece.   We drop down and still have a good chance of getting a LT or maybe Linderbaum.

I like this thought--

I am starting to think they are going to draft Pickett.

27 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Greg Cosell, Brian schottenheimer and JT have stated that Pickett has elite footwork and great pocket awareness. You can’t knock the kid for at the least having that. 

He should be well ahead of most college QBs in those regards. He's been playing college football a lot longer. He was in the same recruiting class as Tua Tagovailoa to put it in perspective. Tua has already played two NFL seasons.

35 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't know about all that.  Maybe its true, but I just don't think Cousins is that good.  He's good enough to be a starter in the league, and can put up nice numbers when he has talent around him.  But he doesn't make anyone else around him better.  He doesn't elevate anyone.

That's why Washington let him walk years ago.  He's just not good enough to commit that much money and time to.  You might as well just keep looking for a QB.

That's my point. I think Jones is basically that.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Trade 6 for Philly's 15 and Minshew.  That's just as valuable as a 4th round pick and they have chance to get a top tier piece.   We drop down and still have a good chance of getting a LT or maybe Linderbaum.

Like the parameters of the idea, but we need more back from Philly unless you are valuing Minshew as a 1st rounder? Going from 6 to 15 is worth an extra 1st and more

38 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we are dead set on pickett at six I would much rather go tackle at 6 and then flip cmac to the bills for their first and get howell, strong or whoever

I'd rather draft almost anyone at #6. If it's between Pickett and Willis, just draft Willis. Draft the guy with the talent to do something. I think Willis will likely bust, but at least he has the raw talent to work with. Pickett has a very limited ceiling. Remember Teddy when you're looking at Pickett. They're basically the same player.

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Always possible. But the odds are stacked against Pickett. He was nothing in college until he was 2-3 years older than his competition and playing on a good vet team in a down ACC. Do the math. It's not the player, it was the situation.

5 ACC teams finished in the top 20 final rankings. No other conference had more than 3. But it was a down year....

Just now, TheProcess said:

Like the parameters of the idea, but we need more back from Philly unless you are valuing Minshew as a 1st rounder? Going from 6 to 15 is worth an extra 1st and more

I'm not one that knows the value difference from 6 to 15 and a 4th but if the value is higher say a 3rd or second I'd be all onboard with it.   I think it comes down to what they value him as. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather draft almost anyone at #6. If it's between Pickett and Willis, just draft Willis. Draft the guy with the talent to do something. I think Willis will likely bust, but at least he has the raw talent to work with. Pickett has a very limited ceiling. Remember Teddy when you're looking at Pickett. They're basically the same player.

Hes more aggressive then teddy.  He is probably a lower tiered version of matt ryan. 

Agree with willis I just dont see how coming into this franchise at this stage of the game is going to do anyone any favors. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's my point. I think Jones is basically that.

Yep, Mac is a game manager only, no matter how hard the media tries to put him on a pedestal. Let him switch places with Lawrence and watch what happens. Mac literally walked into a perfect situation

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

5 ACC teams finished in the top 20 final rankings. No other conference had more than 3. But it was a down year....

It was.

The ACC went 2-4 in bowls. That was the second worst record among all 11 conferences represented in bowl games trailing only the Pac 12. The ACC went 8-13 out of conference (3-8 vs. the SEC). That was the second worst record among P5 conferences trailing only the Pac 12.

Polls are opinions. Comparative records are real.

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm not one that knows the value difference from 6 to 15 and a 4th but if the value is higher say a 3rd or second I'd be all onboard with it.   I think it comes down to what they value him as. 

Philly's value of Minshew definitely plays a part. Of course, so does the Panthers in that situation as you don't want to overpay.

Some will say the pick will get less in return because the QB class is weak, which is possible. However, just look at last year. Philly (interesting) traded pick 6 to Miami for pick 12, 2022 1st, and 2022 3rd. Miami made that trade to draft a receiver

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1