• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Garrett Wilson (WR) at 6

davos

If we solve the OT problem then I wouldn’t mind it. He looks like Chase out there with his YAC ability. We’re at least a year away so might as well give Darnold/Cam all the weapons possible and go after a QB next year. Who knows…with elite weapons and a full off-season maybe Cam can actually do something. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Wouldn't get my hopes up on Shi making a major impact as a receiver. From Fitterer's comments, they really are trying to find a place him, and they're hoping that he becomes an adept punt returner or gunner. Shi needs to find his niche on ST. They apparently see him as a WR4.

I’m not, that point was more about how our WR room is nowhere near set or this would equate to being a luxury pick. Shi getting as much, if not a bit more room to work than Marshall was rather concerning for Marshall.

2 hours ago, davos said:

My only thing is that I don’t see a guy we can truly get behind other than Moore but he’s not the type to take the top off a defense or slowly grind one into submission.

Marshall was strangely MIA even at the end of last year with Shi honestly looking more promising at times. 

It’s a need and getting a young stud, arguably the best offensive skill player in an entire draft could really sweeten things up for a new young QB. 

Just imagine a young duo like Stroud and Wilson similar to what CIN has in 2 former teammates. Could be a cool tandem to lead a new era.

I am a little bit afraid that Marshall might end up being a flat out bust.

I get that we have issues at QB but he was really underwhelming. I hated the pick(OL stan) but liked the player, so I am a little surprised he didn't flash more in 2021. 

But, I think taking a WR at 6 would be a very Matt Millen-esque move. We have so many critical needs at positions that adding a top 10 pick WR to a WR corps with a lot of committed money just doesn't make any sense. Even less so considering we don't have a QB.

Now, if we traded a QB, I might be persuaded with an argument but as it stands right now, WR is not a dire need nor makes much sense.