• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agency Re-Cap and grading

Zod

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I like some moves, but hate all the one year deals. That’s how we lose guys like Reddick. I definitely don’t think that one year deal for Foreman means CMC is traded. 

I am not upset about the one year deals. It's far better than our history of signing big, dumb contracts.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think a B is fair overall. Our biggest glaring need is QB and we've done nothing there so far so pretty much impossible to go any higher than a B. But I do like what we've done with the rest of the roster.

He haven't "done nothing" at QB, we've just accomplished nothing. There is a difference, albeit subtle.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Given the recent injury issues I just gave no idea what his value is. I'm sure we listened to any offers and probably made some calls to try to drum up some. But at the end of the day I'd much rather hang onto him and hope he can overcome the injury issues than basically give him away for a mid-round pick.

Yeah exactly. I agree here. I am curious how we will use him this year if kept. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him play more of a Deebo Samuel type role.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The Huddle always gets too excited about offseason moves. We've hung more offseason banners than seasons we've existed.

That’s just football. 

One hilarious thing that we discovered during the Watson chase…… all fandom and forums are the exact same. It’s amazing how similiar each franchise’s fans think and post on message boards.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah exactly. I agree here. I am curious how we will use him this year if kept. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him play more of a Deebo Samuel type role.

I honestly think that people want CMC to be something he isn't, which I have always found really odd because he is actually quite elite at what he does. His downside is injuries, not skill level.

He's a real, NFL RB, not a gadget or utility player or definitely not a WR. He really is an actual RB. Happens to be an elite RB, even.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

That’s just football. 

One hilarious thing that we discovered during the Watson chase…… all fandom and forums are the exact same. It’s amazing how similiar each franchise’s fans think and post on message boards.

Oh we aren't ANY different than any football forum in existence. All the same poo.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He haven't "done nothing" at QB, we've just accomplished nothing. There is a difference, albeit subtle.

Based on our past QB moves, I have to admit that doing nothing might be the best course of action because what we usually do is choose the dumbest possible option available.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I like some moves, but hate all the one year deals. That’s how we lose guys like Reddick. I definitely don’t think that one year deal for Foreman means CMC is traded. 

That’s why you don’t get caught up in names. It’s all about replacing or improving production each offseason. One or two year deals are extremely team friendly. 

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Based on our past QB moves, I have to admit that doing nothing might be the best course of action because what we usually do is choose the dumbest possible option available.

Yeah and that is honestly where I am with it. I feel the same way with the draft, for that matter. Do nothing at QB, let Rhule take the shelling he deserves this season and start anew in 2023.

I see the B, but I give it an A- because we have done so much with the cap to be able to do this.  LT and QB are the 2 hardest positions to fill (along with an edge rusher--positions we filled by signing guys from our current roster), so we are far from home.  This is like a crossword, with the last unfilled tiles being the hardest.  I am still thinking Minshew and maybe draft a T or Duane Brown (it would be our third D. Brown on the roster) and draft a QB.

• Pie 1

I honestly think getting campen was the best move of the off-season for the panthers. That was a grade A move.

I think he draws in better offensive line talent. Like Bozeman for instance. My bet is he chose a 1 year deal here for that amount of money because he can learn from campen and cash in next year on a much bigger deal than what he was getting offered by other teams. Have to remember these guys are with their position coaches a ton and besides money I’m sure that is a factor in their decisions. Just a hunch.

• Pie 1

Unless we go out and acquire a top tier defense end through free agency or the draft then I think Haynes blows up this year.

It took Reddick four seasons to put it together, Haynes is coming into his fifth season but his fourth season of playing a meaningful number of snaps.

I think Pasqualoni was an underrated hire for the DL and he should be able to help guys like Haynes (and YGM, Brown, etc.) develop.