• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC Debo Samual

The NFL game is all about matchups and if the Panthers offensive coordinator can put McCaffrey in the slot matched up on a linebacker seemingly all game long, it's going to be a long day for the opposing defense.

He's a terrific route runner already and knows how to attack a defensive back's leverage to put his man in a vulnerable spot.

Although they are completely different players, McCaffrey could be used in a similar way to Deebo Samuel of the 49ers. As the season moved along Samuel lined up more and more in the backfield while also being the team's No. 1 receiving threat.

This would save a large number of hits on McCaffrey but it doesn't take the ball out of his hands. Throwing him in the backfield for 8-10 carries a game will keep defenses off balanced. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Related...

I forgot Duke Johnson was still in the league. He would have been a great pickup here to split touches. However, I'm still feeling good about Foreman.

And even with the offseason moves, I can easily see the Commanders or the Bills selecting this guy. Even the Chiefs perhaps.

6 hours ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Someone made a good point earlier about moving CMC to the slot and limit his running touches. It got me thinking, Debo Samual’s situation would be perfect for CMC. 70/30 receiver/RB. ESP with Foreman coming to the team, I feel like we could get instant offense. 

I and others have been hoping for this for awhile now. I think it would be the way to go. RB by committee- CMC get 5-7 carries a game and still has value as a decoy, in play action, in pass pro and catching balls out of the backfield as well as the slot. I hope it happens.

Edited by Michael G

6 hours ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Someone made a good point earlier about moving CMC to the slot and limit his running touches. It got me thinking, Debo Samual’s situation would be perfect for CMC. 70/30 receiver/RB. ESP with Foreman coming to the team, I feel like we could get instant offense. 

Thoughts?

You didn't even attempt to spell the man's name right, you fuging clown.

*Deebo Samuel*

• Poo 1