• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC Debo Samual

6 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Someone made a good point earlier about moving CMC to the slot and limit his running touches. It got me thinking, Debo Samual’s situation would be perfect for CMC. 70/30 receiver/RB. ESP with Foreman coming to the team, I feel like we could get instant offense. 

Thoughts?

Love this ideal/plan for CMC!

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Someone made a good point earlier about moving CMC to the slot and limit his running touches. It got me thinking, Debo Samual’s situation would be perfect for CMC. 70/30 receiver/RB. ESP with Foreman coming to the team, I feel like we could get instant offense. 

Thoughts?

You want the ball in CMC's hands.  If giving it to him in open space saves his body more than giving it to him running through a six person gauntlet (Between the C gaps) I am all for it. CMC has EXCEPTIONAL hands and might be out of position at RB. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Cmc ran a 4.48, 37.5 inch vertical, 3 cone was 6.57 (!!!!), 20 yard shuttle was 4.22, he's a fantastic athlete. Move him to that role that Deebo played that Kyle Shanahan basically just stole from Curtis Samuel and Joe Brady (but with a better football player) and let him just be an athlete

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

McCaffrey is definitely a top 5-10 rusher in the league not even taking into account his receiving ability but yeah in order to keep him healthy and because he is an elite receiver too I'd make this shift for sure. Give him 5-10 carries per game and 10+ targets per game. Not sure McAdoo is the right coordinator for this though.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

You want the ball in CMC's hands.  If giving it to him in open space saves his body more than giving it to him running through a six person gauntlet (Between the C gaps) I am all for it. CMC has EXCEPTIONAL hands and might be out of position at RB. 

True and honestly I think the same can me said about Cam Newton (except at QB now).

People hate it when I say it, but Cam would make a hell of a good receiver now, but only a meh starting QB.

1 hour ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Thoughts?

Been saying this for two seasons now. Some laughed and scoffed at the idea. It is way past time they make the change if they want to keep him and have him actually play and produce.

Edited by Jmac