• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms top QB is Matt Corral and why you should listen

Zod

25 minutes ago, Barney said:

I think if Corrall is our guy that they do not have to take him in the first round.  I think he will be there later in the draft.  

No he won’t, the Falcons, Commanders and Steelers will probably take a QB in round 1. We pick at 6 and then have to wait until 137 for our next selection. The Eagles, Lions and Seahawks will also take a QB maybe in the first but definitely before pick 137. Just because some jimmies on a message board think Malik and Kenny are the first two QBs off the board doesn’t mean one team doesn’t have Corral ranked higher. If we wait until pick 137 we’re looking at names like Purdy, Perry and Glass. 

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Someone posted his entire 1 hour video here. It's really good. He breaks down all his top 5.

Also mentions that he really doesn't see any of them as 1st rounders.

Yeah the other thread with the video and info was good. Thought his take on Pickett was interesting, especially since he didn’t fall into the “hand size is irrelevant, just play good football” camp. He think Pickett’s thumb is an issue causing a weird grip… and it’s clearly what our guys were looking at in the clip, not the length of his fingers/overall hand size.

He’s got a weird grip and the gloves and thumb can cause issues with his mechanics.

• Beer 1

Corral is loaded with talent, but hits he takes with that small frame, man I don't know, he might be like a Kylee Murray that plays 10 to 12 games a year. I think Pickett is the best of the lot, but which ever of the 3 the Fo likes is fine, just swing for the fence.

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Someone posted his entire 1 hour video here. It's really good. He breaks down all his top 5.

Also mentions that he really doesn't see any of them as 1st rounders.

This is a great point. If you like his ranking and you say you want to listen to him, you wouldn’t want any of these QBs in the first round. Using his ranking and then take one in round one when he says not to…

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What does MC do well because I cannot figure it out.  He ran a RPO offense to perfection but thats not going to work in the NFL.  He has a snappy quick release and can move around.  I just dont see the first round talent there

He has a strong arm with a quick release, commands the huddle, and carved up some top SEC defenses. He definitely needs to put on some weight and his attitude might be an issue in the NFL. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He has a strong arm with a quick release, commands the huddle, and carved up some top SEC defenses. He definitely needs to put on some weight and his attitude might be an issue in the NFL. 

Most what I read about him and his stats its because of his time in the kiffen offense.  That doesnt necessarily translate to the NFL.  And yeah his attitude and past transgressions should raise a red flag and need to be looked into deeper. 

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

This is a great point. If you like his ranking and you say you want to listen to him, you wouldn’t want any of these QBs in the first round. Using his ranking and then take one in round one when he says not to…

He starts the whole segment out talking about how bad this draft class is and that the consensus isn't wrong about that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The people who are buying into this Mac Jones myth didn't actually watch him play. He's what most thought he'd be - a very limited NFL QB.

Believe me, I know this. But stat wise he clearly had a better Rookie season than the rest of the QB's. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What does MC do well because I cannot figure it out.  He ran a RPO offense to perfection but thats not going to work in the NFL.  He has a snappy quick release and can move around.  I just dont see the first round talent there

Insert any other QB in this draft class and the same can be said. They all have ample warts.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s not a deep class and doesn’t have a top guy, but as he states here, there is still first round talent. 

God I hope we punt on drafting a qb this year.  Lets just build the line and go from there.   There is not one of those dudes on that list that just screams playoff qb.  

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

And yeah his attitude and past transgressions should raise a red flag and need to be looked into deeper. 

What sort of stuff has he done that should be considered a red flag and further looked into? I don't get invested enough to research what these guys do in college or high school since since everybody that age does stupid crap.