• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Desmond Ridder Pro Day

BurnNChinn

The more obvious everything seems the more it all seems like a smokescreen.  

Maybe we are hoping 1 or 2 QBs go before us so we can get one of the top-2 tackles or maybe we really want to trade down for Howell or Ridder.

If I remember correctly, and I wish I could find the article, I want to say I read something one time that talked about how much Seattle slow played drafting Wilson, basically they gave no indication during the draft.  Something to think about with Fitterer here now.

• Pie 1

I have no idea with Ridder. I feel like he just plays awkwardly…but it sounds like some teams are high on him and his interviews have been good.

Could see someone reaching for him at the end of the first but could also see him falling to the 3rd-4th. 

Really don’t know with him. 

7 minutes ago, davos said:

I have no idea with Ridder. I feel like he just plays awkwardly…but it sounds like some teams are high on him and his interviews have been good.

Could see someone reaching for him at the end of the first but could also see him falling to the 3rd-4th. 

Really don’t know with him. 

We need a backup to our backups backup.  If he can bounce PJ he's worth a 4th.

14 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Maybe we are hoping 1 or 2 QBs go before us so we can get one of the top-2 tackles or maybe we really want to trade down for Howell or Ridder.

If I remember correctly, and I wish I could find the article, I want to say I read something one time that talked about how much Seattle slow played drafting Wilson, basically they gave no indication during the draft.  Something to think about with Fitterer here now.

Slow played? Lol....until the 3rd round?

Listen....we aren't smokescreening anyone. We are about as transparent as possible.

• Pie 3

I see it as a smokescreen........are the Panthers gonna pick Ridder at #6? Nope.....Our next pick isn't until the 4th round? Will he make it there? Nope......The Panthers coaching staff dealt with him the entire week at the senior bowl, check..... The entire Panthers brass went from Pittsburgh pro day, to.Liberty's pro day, to Ole Miss's pro day that took place at 4pm. Cincinnati's pro day is at 10am the next day. I'm not reading too much into it. At least we are not the Steelers, who caught flack for attending Ole Miss's pro day instead of Ohio State. They're giving the fact they are looking for a QB.

I like the idea of trading back, gaining extra picks...we could definitely pick up 2 or 3, then address QB, Edge, and OL 🤷🏿‍♂️. I like Ridder, but I don't see him as an option unless we trade back.

24 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

kinda had the same thought 

one way or another this makes it seem like they have their mind made up on Ridder 

I don’t believe they hate him, and if they did why let everyone know?

move down, make sure nobody knows about your interest in him, and take him there. Sell the interest in the top 3 QBs to attract a buyer.

of course that’s stupid, you never settle for a lesser QB prospect in the name of picking up some draft picks, especially just to recoup ones you’ve lost. You’re chasing your own tail.

Edited by Growl

To me this just makes it more apparent that they are playing some games as far as smoke screens and such.  They are aware of how things look regardless of how many huddles think they are blind or just ignorant to this whole process.  You can say it's because he wont be the pick at 6 and he would be gone by the 4th all you want, but you dont think Fitt and company are weighing all the potential options?  Especially as much as he seems to like to trade back and compile extra draft picks.  You cant take everything for face value this time of year no matter how obvious it appears.  A lot of the time the stuff that looks the most obvious right now is intentional. 

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Slow played? Lol....until the 3rd round?

Listen....we aren't smokescreening anyone. We are about as transparent as possible.

Waiting until the 3rd round to take a QB that you are really high on takes some discipline.  Doesn't change the fact that they showed very little interest outwardly towards Wilson.

I'm not saying they aren't taking a QB, I'm just saying it wouldn't be a crazy idea to show heavy interest in the top 2-3 QBs if they are hoping some of the top non-QBs fall to you.  I would think you would be happy about that.

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

To me this just makes it more apparent that they are playing some games as far as smoke screens and such.  They are aware of how things look regardless of how many huddles think they are blind or just ignorant to this whole process.

Everything you see and here is smokescreen this time of the season. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Waiting until the 3rd round to take a QB that you are really high on takes some discipline.  Doesn't change the fact that they showed very little interest outwardly towards Wilson.

I'm not saying they aren't taking a QB, I'm just saying it wouldn't be a crazy idea to show heavy interest in the top 2-3 QBs if they are hoping some of the top non-QBs fall to you.  I would think you would be happy about that.

It doesn't take discipline when the NFL consensus was that he was too small.