• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just throwing this out there..

WOW!!

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

Why don’t you do an in depth breakdown of trey Lance the prospect for me then?

I did 2 years ago before the pandemic season where he had 28 td and no TO .

When I thought we were using Teddy as a bridge QB..

Look it up ..

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I did 2 years ago before the pandemic season where he had 28 td and no TO .

When I thought we were using Teddy as a bridge QB..

Look it up ..

that’s great, I’m sure it’s out there, I sure would like to see it

also nothing you wrote on the internet made or makes trey Lance a “sure thing” prospect

I might would consider a trade for Love or Minshew after the draft, if we do not draft a QB (hopefully not at #6). I would not offer anything lower than a 5th rounder (i'd prefer a 6th or 7th). If I could not make a deal Id bring in the best available FA or ride with PJ and Darnold. I do not think Love is the answer but I'd give him a shot to prove me wrong as long as it didn't cost me too much.

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Growl said:

that’s great, I’m sure it’s out there, I sure would like to see it

also nothing you wrote on the internet made or makes trey Lance a “sure thing” prospect

Better prospect then any Qb in this draft..

Is anybody willing to trade 3 1st round picks to get Wills/Pickett or Corral?? That right there alone shows what ppl thought about Lance vs anybody in this draft..

We don't even know if anybody willing to trade anything to get them now (even thoe I hope so)..

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Better prospect then any Qb in this draft..

Is anybody willing to trade 3 1st round picks to get Wills/Pickett or Corral?? That right there alone shows what ppl thought about Lance vs anybody in this draft..

We don't even know if anybody willing to trade anything to get them now (even thoe I hope so)..

you’re just moving the goalposts around now but what does that have to do with anything? Trey Lance went 2. The panthers are not picking 2. If a team is willing to give up a lot to take a QB, the panthers would be smart to simply take that QB.

edit: also trey Lance was nothing close to a sure thing, at this point in the process last year nobody thought he was safe enough to take 2 overall and he was considered the riskiest proposition 

yet San Fran moved massive capital to do so

you have no idea where these guys are going to go on draft night

Edited by Growl

1 minute ago, Growl said:

you’re just moving the goalposts around now but what does that have to do with anything? Trey Lance went 2. The panthers are not picking 2. If a team is willing to give up a lot to take a QB, the panthers would be smart to simply take that QB.

I don't have to move poo.. it's a fact..

Lance was rated higher a better prospect by  every scouts opinion and teams were willing to give up 3 years worth of assets to get him...

Nobody is talking about these QBS in the same arena... 

I hope somebody wants to trade up for any of them.. I don't see it happening but I hope.. 

2 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

They'll be gone by 6. The only chance we might have is Cross.

I like Cross too, but i dont think he is elite like the top 2 so i dont know if i would take him over a QB at the moment. He definitely has some flaws to sure up.

24 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Lance was rated higher a better prospect by  every scouts opinion and teams were willing to give up 3 years worth of assets to get him...

I hope somebody wants to trade up for any of them.. I don't see it happening but I hope.. 

if you don’t have to do it, why is the only constant in your argument?

you’ve come a long way from calling trey Lance a sure fire prospect, and even farther from trying to argue that LTs are nearly as valuable as QBs. 

you have no idea how teams rank individual prospects in comparison to another, you only have media hearsay which looks less and less likely to reflect how the draft plays out each day, and revisionist takes on past QBs who you’re free to speak glowingly about because they’re no threat to go 6 overall and take one of your precious hog mollies from you

• Poo 2

11 minutes ago, Growl said:

if you don’t have to do it, why is the only constant in your argument?

you’ve come a long way from calling trey Lance a sure fire prospect, and even farther from trying to argue that LTs are nearly as valuable as QBs. 

you have no idea how teams rank individual prospects in comparison to another, you only have media hearsay which looks less and less likely to reflect how the draft plays out each day, and revisionist takes on past QBs who you’re free to speak glowingly about because they’re no threat to go 6 overall and take one of your precious hog mollies from you

Strawman argument.. You don't have to do it because these QBs are not nearly the same prospects.. You would have to do it if they were..

I still think Trey Lance is as sure fire as Lawrance and even more so then Wilson.. And I said that LT is a step down form QB and showed that financially teams feel the same way as LT are in the same price tier range as Pass Rushers and CBS... So you again trying to put words in ppl mouth to get internet points won't work...smh

You have no idea either.. You don't get paid nor do you work in any scouting department.. So I guess we're in the same position...

I'm the one here who is reading in between the lines and see what the ppl who actually do get paid to scout and rank players are saying...  If you choose to ignore that.. Not my fault.. But don't act like you're some out of work football savant.. Who know more then anybody here or the actual analysis and scouts.. Just because you think you know better then the professionals and know these QBs in this class are worth a top 10 pick doesn't mean they are or thought of that way...

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

To be fair, a team was willing to give up assets to trade up and take Ryan Leaf as well.

Likewise, JaMarcus Russell was once rated as a top prospect in the draft.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Qb musical chair's is almost done.. And more and more it seems like 1 of those all world Tackles will drop in our hands.. We've finally started to building and putting resources into a Oline worth being proud of.. Is it worth not finishing that process for a shiny new QB on a hope and prayer they will play past their game tape or rankings as a prospect?? Or Just take the higher rated player at position almost just as important as QB..

And I still believe a QB rated high by Chris Simms in 2020 is available and can be had for low compensation.. Still has 3 years on a rookie deal and would be rated just as high as any QB innthis draft..

Would a package of Jordan Love/Neal or Ikowonun be more a plus then Pickett/Wills/Corral??

Again if the compensation for Love is a 4th or lower pick..

Jmo ..

Win win situation.. If Love sucks. Rhule is gone and We are in position to get a better Prospect at QB next year.. With a Oline ready to dominate...

lol you poo on Minshew but you want a guy that hasn't done poo. Makes perfect sense. 

3 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

lol you poo on Minshew but you want a guy that hasn't done poo. Makes perfect sense. 

Valid.

I certainly wouldn't bank on Minshew being a franchise quarterback but it's fair to point out that he's started and won some games in the league.

Jordan Love, not so much.

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Strawman argument.. You don't have to do it because these QBs are not nearly the same prospects.. You would have to do it if they were..

I still think Trey Lance is as sure fire as Lawrance and even more so then Wilson.. And I said that LT is a step down form QB and showed that financially teams feel the same way as LT are in the same price tier range as Pass Rushers and CBS... So you again trying to put words in ppl mouth to get internet points won't work...smh

You have no idea either.. You don't get paid nor do you work in any scouting department.. So I guess we're in the same position...

I'm the one here who is reading in between the lines and see what the ppl who actually do get paid to scout and rank players are saying...  If you choose to ignore that.. Not my fault.. But don't act like you're some out of work football savant.. Who know more then anybody here or the actual analysis and scouts.. Just because you think you know better then the professionals and know these QBs in this class are worth a top 10 pick doesn't mean they are or thought of that way...

it’s hilarious to cry strawman when your argument, the new one I mean, not the any of the original four, is unquantifiable in any way.

You’re right though, I am ignoring your attempt to try and change the subject from the previous arguments you made which you couldn’t defend. 

tell me more about how LT is as valuable as a QB. 

• Poo 2