• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell's Pro Day

Mr. Scot

43 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Honestly--I think he comes into play as early as #18 (New Orleans) and #20 (Pittsburgh)  I think it is unlikely he passes the Lions after that (#32 and #34) IF they do not take Willis at #2.  If Ridder is rated higher than Howell, however, Howell could drop into round 2.   There is no way he slips into round 3---I guarantee it. 

I think there is a deliberate effort by Tar Heel haters to discredit all that is UNC and there are UNC fans that promote all that is UNC--once you cut through that crap, you will find Howell to be worthy of late first round consideration, but likely an early second round pick. 

If only you were an NFL exec your dream could come true

I am a Tarheel fan.  That said I've had a chance to see a couple of his games and his talent is undeniable. If you surround him with good receivers, a good back (which we have) and a decent line (which on paper we have) he's going to be good.  

In his rookie year, he'll make rookie mistakes and maybe even lose every game he starts (like Manning and other great QBs) but he'll learn and become a long time starter.

I'll eat my words if I am wrong but I'm telling you know.  Howell is going to be a star.  It's not homerism, it's a belief many of you are grossly underestimating Howell.  

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 3

UNC guy here. Here’s my perspective:

Going into the CFB season I was excited that UNC had someone who would be in the Heisman conversation again. Then we came out and laid a few eggs (the VT game comes to mind) and Sam’s stock dropped and I wrote him off as unlikely to be a viable option to be a high draft pick. I was neutral, if not pretty low, on him after the season. My take on his QB play is entirely based on watching analysis of him from different YouTube sources (none affiliated with UNC and no “highlight” videos). Now, the only QB who I think could be a more capable NFL starter is Corral.

Looking at his film, Willis will have some fun highlight plays but he’s not going to out-athlete most guys like he did in college. Maybe he picks up the ability to progress through full-field reads and learns to throw the ball away. If he draft him, I sure hope he does. 

If it were up to me, I would try and trade back, prioritize LT, and then try to ride with either Corral or Howell. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2