• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

14 minutes ago, austin1227 said:

Theres a difference between mobile qbs and running qbs. Patrick mahomes is mobile, but he still stays in the pocket or moves outside of the pocket to look for open receivers, he doesn't just straight run if his first read isn't open. Josh allen is similar, they run when they have to they don't rely on their athleticism entirely if they can't see anyone

Ok you guys are going to have to define what a running qb is.the goal is always to be similar to mahomes or Allen.. being faster than them doesn't mean your still trying to be mobile passer..

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Ok you guys are going to have to define what a running qb is.the goal is always to be similar to mahomes or Allen.. being faster than them doesn't mean your still trying to be mobile passer..

Not sure a comparison for him but watching willis sometimes when he's being pressured he runs all around behind the line and he ends up losing like 5+ yards cus he gets sacked instead of just throwing it out

24 minutes ago, austin1227 said:

yay another josh allen malik willis comparison

Yeah when people mention raw talent in a small conference than needs to be developed his name will come up for obvious reasons. If Lance has success his will as well. Allen is the reason Lance went 3 overall and Willis will go in the first. It’s a copycat league. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, austin1227 said:

Not sure a comparison for him but watching willis sometimes when he's being pressured he runs all around behind the line and he ends up losing like 5+ yards cus he gets sacked instead of just throwing it out

He's pretty unique as far as finding a comparison. All the things you seem to have a problem with can be coached. I don't think with rhule in his ear every day in practice he's going to be allowed to look at one receiver and run when we wants to. The guy has proven to have above average intelligence so learning shouldn't be a problem.

Him running around could have been because the line was bad at Liberty or by design. I dout he goes out there and just runs with the thought in his head.

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Him running around could have been because the line was bad at Liberty or by design. I dout he goes out there and just runs with the thought in his head.

I 100% thinks he does.  He knows he is faster then everyone on the field.   Watching his highlights you can easily tell he just jets at the first opportunity. 

24 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He's pretty unique as far as finding a comparison. All the things you seem to have a problem with can be coached. I don't think with rhule in his ear every day in practice he's going to be allowed to look at one receiver and run when we wants to. The guy has proven to have above average intelligence so learning shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah look no further than UNC to show what you are saying. Howell had to run a lot more this year because his OL was terrible. It basically became a one read and run because he would be sacked otherwise. Liberty was much of the same. The fans that watched Willis/Howell play can see this. The ones that haven’t or just are against drafting a QB will try to argue differently. 

• Pie 2

Its stupid to compare them. Stats in college only account for so much.

152 Completions on 270 Attempts = 56.3% Completion Percent. 

16 Passing Touchdowns and 6 Interceptions.

94 rushes for 204 yards for a clip of 2.2 yards per carry. 

That was Josh Allen in college, playing against lesser competition. 

It doesn't matter who we draft with this coaching staff. We can't develop QBs. 

17 minutes ago, Varking said:

Its stupid to compare them. Stats in college only account for so much.

152 Completions on 270 Attempts = 56.3% Completion Percent. 

16 Passing Touchdowns and 6 Interceptions.

94 rushes for 204 yards for a clip of 2.2 yards per carry. 

That was Josh Allen in college, playing against lesser competition. 

It doesn't matter who we draft with this coaching staff. We can't develop QBs. 

I'm a little more confident with McAdoo and our new OL coach, but I completely understand the worry about any Matt Rhule lead team trying to develop a player, especially a QB.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

I will define it for you. A player who is incapable of winning at a high level from the pocket is a running QB.

Mike Vick is a perfect example. 

Patrick Mahomes is not a running QB because he has the ability to win solely from the pocket. So does Allen, Russ, Rodgers, Burrow.

Again a running QB is someone who beats you equally or more with his legs than arm.

1 minute ago, X-Clown said:

Why do you keep getting banned and registering under different names to give the same takes?

Banned?  Ive never been here before.   I don’t mind Willis. If they draft him then I’ll support the guy. Personal preference is a guy that throws from the pocket.