• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rockhill site going south fast it seems.

Big Sexy

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

RH missed a deadline to issue bonds, the deadline was extended, they missed that too.  They were talking that whole time.    Then they pointed fingers at Tepper. 

The real sad part, there were a lot of communities around Charlotte who would love to have this project and wouldn't keep dicking the Panthers around, default on their obligations, blame everyone but themselves, and then complain that Tepper won't keep talking with them when all they want to talk about is how they aren't going to meet their obligations...and "hey you're a billionaire could you cover it?"

Its a dick move.

Tepper should have chosen a different community.  Its clear whatever RH is offering at this point, it will be hard to trust them.

Again, that is one side’s narrative.  Teppers.  I doubt Tepper or RH’s narrative presently is entirely accurate.  

time will probably show that.  It generally does. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Again, that is one side’s narrative.  Teppers.  I doubt Tepper or RH’s narrative presently is entirely accurate.  

time will probably show that.  It generally does. 

Whatever fits with your world view I guess.  Sometimes its hard to see thru all the Tepper hate.  Tepper has made his share of fkups, but this one's on RH.

Here is York Co. Councilman William Roddy:

"I’ve been saying for years that Rock Hill has some financial issues. They’ve been stretched thin..the Panthers deal happened at the right time for York County, but not necessarily at the right time for the city of Rock Hill to be able to go out and secure such large bonds...Clearly, I think from a personal standpoint, it’s very disingenuous to make that statement publicly when you know they’ve been in contact and communications with the Panthers over $225 million dollars. That just doesn’t slip through the crack, that money was due.”
https://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2022/03/08/city-of-rock-hill-continues-to-deny-missing-panthers-funding-deadline/

The first phase of the construction was slated to be completed in 2023, but the City of Rock Hill did not make its initial payment, which was due in March 2021, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The company continued construction but never received the payment from the city.

The awaited investment from the city was expected to fund the project’s infrastructure, which includes roads, water and power lines and sewage, the source said. TS&E will continue to pay all the workers on the site and extend their wages a week from the moment the project is paused.

The deadline for the bonds to be issued was October 2020, but was pushed back to Feb. 26, 2021. Without the $225 million in bonds there is “a high risk necessary infrastructure objectives will not be met,” Hart wrote in the email.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/nfl/article259156918.html

What an asshole.  That dick Tepper continued with construction for a ****** year while waiting for a payment from RH.  What an ass.  Hate that guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Whatever fits with your world view I guess.  Sometimes its hard to see thru all the Tepper hate.  Tepper has made his share of fkups, but this one's on RH.

Here is York Co. Councilman William Roddy:

"I’ve been saying for years that Rock Hill has some financial issues. They’ve been stretched thin..the Panthers deal happened at the right time for York County, but not necessarily at the right time for the city of Rock Hill to be able to go out and secure such large bonds...Clearly, I think from a personal standpoint, it’s very disingenuous to make that statement publicly when you know they’ve been in contact and communications with the Panthers over $225 million dollars. That just doesn’t slip through the crack, that money was due.”
https://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2022/03/08/city-of-rock-hill-continues-to-deny-missing-panthers-funding-deadline/

The first phase of the construction was slated to be completed in 2023, but the City of Rock Hill did not make its initial payment, which was due in March 2021, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The company continued construction but never received the payment from the city.

The awaited investment from the city was expected to fund the project’s infrastructure, which includes roads, water and power lines and sewage, the source said. TS&E will continue to pay all the workers on the site and extend their wages a week from the moment the project is paused.

The deadline for the bonds to be issued was October 2020, but was pushed back to Feb. 26, 2021. Without the $225 million in bonds there is “a high risk necessary infrastructure objectives will not be met,” Hart wrote in the email.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/nfl/article259156918.html

What an asshole.  That dick Tepper continued with construction for a ****** year while waiting for a payment from RH.  What an ass.  Hate that guy.

Yeah, and the mayor of RH went on local radio and said “we’ve met all obligations.”

When this deal went down, it was known that RH would have trouble issuing the bonds without driving their rating to junk status. It sounds like everyone just crossed their fingers.

• The D 1

Just now, Tbe said:

Yeah, and the mayor of RH went on local radio and said “we’ve met all obligations.”

When this deal went down, it was known that RH would have trouble issuing the bonds without driving their rating to junk status. It sounds like everyone just crossed their fingers.

And then Covid hit. 

John Getty is actually a good guy, its surprising to me to see the way they are handling it at this point.  Its almost childish the way RH is trying to displace blame.  Just be honest: "we thought we would be in better financial position, Covid hit, we're in worse...sorry about that.  "  Instead its:  "we've met all obligations".  If they've met all obligations, then why is the county saying they haven't?  Why is the county holding meetings to find funding to cover RH's portion of the funding?

34 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yeah, my wild radical statement is that we don’t have the full story and the truth is probably somewhere inbetween both sides’ narratives.  

That’s not blaming Tepper and removing RH from all blame lol.  That’s just how things generally go.  Both sides generally distort reality in a PR phase of things.  That’s my point.  

You don’t know the full story yet.  Probably neither side wants all that out there.  That comes later after it becomes an official shitshow. 

Whatever small county or city legislators decided is irrelevant.

At the end of the day, municipalities have no business subsidizing private sports facilities. This has been studied up and down and they never pay out. The jobs promised are negligible. The cash influx from the actual construction is fleeting. It's a moral sarlaac pit. 

Tepper is approaching mansu mansu levels of wealth. He can write a check if he wants this facility so bad.

Anyone defending him are showing their true colors. 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, my wild radical statement is that we don’t have the full story and the truth is probably somewhere inbetween both sides’ narratives.  

That’s not blaming Tepper and removing RH from all blame lol.  That’s just how things generally go.  Both sides generally distort reality in a PR phase of things.  That’s my point.  

You don’t know the full story yet.  Probably neither side wants all that out there.  That comes later after it becomes an official shitshow. 

Which is why I quoted a third party, the county councilman, who said RH couldn't meet its financial obligations, it was streteched thin and the money is due.  His statement is backed up by the fact that the COUNTY if now finding the money to pay.

8 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Which is why I quoted a third party, the county councilman, who said RH couldn't meet its financial obligations, it was streteched thin and the money is due.  His statement is backed up by the fact that the COUNTY if now finding the money to pay.

Again, we don’t have the full story yet.  A couple sentences by Bump don’t tell it either. 

it will come though.  And I doubt there is a side that comes out looking great in the end when it officially comes to an end (which looks soon)….everything eventually gets put on the table. 

28 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I have the sneaking feeling that the land that Sabates was proposing for the new stadium for his ownership bid will be in play for the new HQ site…

Right at the state line but in Meck County….

Didn't that land cover both sides of the border?