• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KC looking to trade up into top 10.

Just now, ladypanther said:

Yes, too low...but if we could use 2 of those to move back up.... 

that would be about the only way it would be a viable option. it's options/draft ammo we didn't have before.

also, just us showing interest would perk the ears up for others interested in moving into the top 10 to give us a benchmark to shoot for. that would be a baseline as far as trades for that spot go.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Why would they want to be in the top 10?  I'm calling BS.

WR

They just traded Tyreke Hill.

Man, imagine that. You're a WR expected to go top 10. You think you're going to a struggling team, right? Nah, KC makes a move for you and now you're playing with the best QB in the league. Sweet deal.

• Pie 5

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

WR

They just traded Tyreke Hill.

Man, imagine that. You're a WR expected to go top 10. You think you're going to a struggling team, right? Nah, KC makes a love for you and now you're playing with the best QB in the league. Sweet deal.

That sounds like a lot to pay for a rookie wr. I would say it's more of an offer to trade those picks for a young up and coming star on a reasonable contract to me. 

Better hide DJ or Fitterer might be tempted to trade him for some picks.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That sounds like a lot to pay for a rookie wr. I would say it's more of an offer to trade those picks for a young up and coming star on a reasonable contract to me. 

Better hide DJ or Fitterer might be tempted to trade him for some picks.

I think the NFL is just evolving away from the slow and steady "build the roster" model and honestly for good reason. Football is such a violent sport that you never know when one of your superstars may get derailed dumping your slow and steady progress on it's head. Hell, we had it happen to us with Cam.

Teams are getting a lot more aggressive of trying to take advantage of their opportunity to strike while the iron is hot and it's probably smart.

• Pie 8

12 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That might not be a bad idea.  That those 2 #1 and go back up.  I just don't know those middle round teams would be willing to trade down to the lower portion of round one, even if it were for 2 picks. 

Some teams may be enticed by being able to get 2 5 yr rookie contracts...we might even get a late round pick thrown in.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the NFL is just evolving away from the slow and steady "build the roster" model and honestly for good reason. Football is such a violent sport that you never know when one of your superstars may get derailed dumping your slow and steady progress on it's head. Hell, we had it happen to us with Cam.

Teams are getting a lot more aggressive of trying to take advantage of their opportunity to strike while the iron is hot and it's probably smart.

You mean we shouldn’t wait for the 2035 draft class because they are projected to have more talent???

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You mean we shouldn’t wait for the 2035 draft class because they are projected to have more talent???

Nope. And we shouldn't have last year either. We were sitting there on the clock with a guy in Fields who would hands down be the #1 QB available in this draft and have us all drooling to take him at #6 expecting him not to he there but NOPE! Let's take a CB and lean on Darnold!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But throwing that much at a rookie wr that has a good chance of being  a bust doesn't seem like a sound choice. They could trade all that for a young proven wr and it would make more sense.