• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ELLIS L. WILLIAMS Of the OBSERVER on Jimmy G

raleigh-panther

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

If we can get him without giving up draft capital, that's fine. If we have to give up a day 3 pick next year and include Darnold's contract this year, I'll give a disingenuous smile (especially if it's a 4th) and bear it.

Same question to you:

Say Jimmy G wins the job and has about 9 wins on the season.  Then what?

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But why?  What purpose does he serve?  The san fran staff is light years ahead of rhule and co and they fully recognize that Jimmy G aint it.  Why would we want to try and win with him?  

It makes literally no sense to bring in either baker or jimmy.  Like I dont give a fug how cheap they are trade wise or even if they would play for free.  They are not the answer

It's worth it just not to see Darnold starting for us this year. 

Let's not pretend like Jimmy Gee ain't better than Sam DarNo. Darnold has thrown more INTs since he's been in the league than anybody...but Baker Mayfield.

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

It's worth it just not to see Darnold starting for us this year. 

Let's not pretend like Jimmy Gee ain't better than Sam DarNo. Darnold has thrown more INTs since he's been in the league than anybody...but Baker Mayfield.

How is it worth it?  You really think Jimmy G can get this team in the playoffs?   Its imperative we take our lumps with Darnold this year and start completely clean in 2023.

Maybe i am the moron here because I am not seeing any value of bringing a hurt (expensive) Jimmy G here on a one year deal.  He would win enough games to fug us in the draft but not enough to want to resign him to a massive starter deal

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Same question to you:

Wins the job? From who, a rookie?  If Jimmy G is here, he will be the starter, period! If we win 9 games, so be it! Unlike some, I'm not going to cry over wins. You play and deal with what comes about regardless like you do every season. Pros are NOT going to tank. Nobody's going into the season with the mindset to lose. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Same question to you:

Then he's a free agent and he'll go somewhere else, another $26M for another one year rental and we're delaying the inevitable yet another year. 

I wonder if everyone on this forum realize that landing a top QB in a draft doesnt mean you HAVE to have a losing season the year prior.... every year a team or two trades up to grab a QB. If your roster is good enough, you do it. 

Bills did it.
Chiefs did it.
49ers did it.
Ravens did it.

• Pie 5

Two of the best teams teams right now, Buffalo and KC, had a bridge where they got to middle of the road to good with that bridge and then traded up to secure the franchise guy.

The team that was 100% on tanking, Miami, has no where near the success Buffalo or KC have.

Rhule knows he has to win games next year. If it’s not at the very least 9 he knows he’s gone. He’s not getting 9 wins with Sam. Rhule’s thought process is probably win enough to give me some breathing room and then go from there in 2023.

Bridge QBs are people too.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I wonder if everyone on this forum realize that landing a top QB in a draft doesnt mean you HAVE to have a losing season the year prior.... every year a team or two trades up to grab a QB. If your roster is good enough, you do it. 

Bills did it.
Chiefs did it.
49ers did it.
Ravens did it.

There's two sides to that coin. The WFT made a big trade up to get RG3. The chargers traded up to get Ryan Leaf. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

There's two sides to that coin. The WFT made a big trade up to get RG3. The chargers traded up to get Ryan Leaf. 

the outcome wouldnt necesarrily be the issue here, but rather this forum understanding that acquiring a potential stud qb doesnt revolve around losing every year to get a shot. Championship caliber teams have traded up to get their QB year after year.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

the outcome wouldnt necesarrily be the issue here, but rather this forum understanding that acquiring a potential stud qb doesnt revolve around losing every year to get a shot. Championship caliber teams have traded up to get their QB year after year.

Yeah, we went to the SB with a low level FA at QB too. So have other teams. Doesn't mean it's a great path to take.

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jimmy G could be a perfect fit for our current status quo if we're looking to spend significant resources on a bad veteran QB on our way to a five win season.

Makes perfect sense...lets pick up a QB who just had shoulder surgery on his throwing arm... If this happens, this coaching staff is incapable of learning...

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, we went to the SB with a low level FA at QB too. So have other teams. Doesn't mean it's a great path to take.

there is no "great path" .... every single super bowl winning team of the last decade has a different QB acquisition story... none the same...

Edited by TheCasillas

Personally, I just can't fathom how anyone can knowingly and willingly be happy going into the season with Darnold as the starter. I could accept it, but I damned sure wouldn't be happy about it, and I just can't be happy going on these turrible (in Barkley's voice) losing streaks during the season. There's NOTHING that makes me want to see the encore act of last season, playoffs or not. Darnold was awful! That being said, if we have to give up draft picks for Gee or Nayfield, I'll suffer through it (but still won't be happy about it).

• Pie 1