• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ELLIS L. WILLIAMS Of the OBSERVER on Jimmy G

raleigh-panther

On 4/15/2022 at 8:09 PM, Panthers Rhule said:

To me, this seems like just another random article talking about what may be possible based on random speculations supposedly from some unknown source whom we are supposed to accept as someone who may or may not have real knowledge about a player's abilities or a coach's system and a team's thought process. 

Presumably,  based on how I interpreted the vague wording, this unknown person doesn't work with SF or Carolina, hasn't worked with Jimmy G nor McAdoo, and yet this is supposed to be taken seriously. 

This is my problem with "journalism" today. It's become another form of entertainment much like "reality t.v." It began in the real world and has also taken over sports and everything else. 

Random ideas, opinions, speculations and sometimes even imagination is presented to us a real news to get attention, sell advertising, and sometimes even to influence our perceptions of reality by creating a "group think" narrative based on an ideological agenda.

The words are always carefully chosen to not be specific so they cannot be directly challenged. Anonymous sources with an important title to give it credibility, subtle use of words expressing possibility such a may, maybe, could, etc. for legal and defensive reasons, and general repetition of such proclamations made repeatedly by multiple sources using the same language to create a sense of fact.

If people read or hear the same idea or story repeated often enough as "news" or "accepted truth" then the majority of people will accept it as fact and ignore the words expressing possibility even though it was never presented to them as fact but only as rumor or an opinion. 

It's a psychological mind trick. You don't have to prove something to be true, you just have to repeat it often enough that people think it must be true. This is how the "group think" opinions are created and belived and why you usually hear people expressing the same things to justify their opinions or beliefs. I can guess most peoples arguments before they give them about 90% of the time for this reason. I read these things and automatically dismiss them as mostly fiction. 

Matt, you sure spent a lot of time justifying why what you see as fiction. 

For what it is worth to you, Ellis Williams is pretty respected 

45 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Matt, you sure spent a lot of time justifying why what you see as fiction. 

For what it is worth to you, Ellis Williams is pretty respected 

Steve, you must be another journo.

For what it's worth to me, a journo respected by other journos is worth...........................................................................................................................................................................!!!

On 4/15/2022 at 8:09 PM, Panthers Rhule said:

To me, this seems like just another random article talking about what may be possible based on random speculations supposedly from some unknown source whom we are supposed to accept as someone who may or may not have real knowledge about a player's abilities or a coach's system and a team's thought process. 

Presumably,  based on how I interpreted the vague wording, this unknown person doesn't work with SF or Carolina, hasn't worked with Jimmy G nor McAdoo, and yet this is supposed to be taken seriously. 

This is my problem with "journalism" today. It's become another form of entertainment much like "reality t.v." It began in the real world and has also taken over sports and everything else. 

Random ideas, opinions, speculations and sometimes even imagination is presented to us a real news to get attention, sell advertising, and sometimes even to influence our perceptions of reality by creating a "group think" narrative based on an ideological agenda.

The words are always carefully chosen to not be specific so they cannot be directly challenged. Anonymous sources with an important title to give it credibility, subtle use of words expressing possibility such a may, maybe, could, etc. for legal and defensive reasons, and general repetition of such proclamations made repeatedly by multiple sources using the same language to create a sense of fact.

If people read or hear the same idea or story repeated often enough as "news" or "accepted truth" then the majority of people will accept it as fact and ignore the words expressing possibility even though it was never presented to them as fact but only as rumor or an opinion. 

It's a psychological mind trick. You don't have to prove something to be true, you just have to repeat it often enough that people think it must be true. This is how the "group think" opinions are created and belived and why you usually hear people expressing the same things to justify their opinions or beliefs. I can guess most peoples arguments before they give them about 90% of the time for this reason. I read these things and automatically dismiss them as mostly fiction. 

That's a lot of big words there, and we but humble Huddlers. So in your not so humbe opinion. Take this with a grain of salt? A novel thought indeed.

No wait, I can do better. Cool story bro.

Oh wait, I got another one. Somebody just got out of their InterCultural Communitcation Class didn't they?

Edited by iamhubby1

Garoppolo is better than any QB the Panthers have had and you all keep on trashing him like you have Peyton Manning available with the #6 pick.

Garoppolo has been to 5 conference championships and 3 SBs with 2 different teams. The 49ers defense and coaching staff have only been able to win with one QB - they've started 5 QBs. That coaching staff and defense are a .500 team without Garoppolo.

If this were pre Tommy John Jake Delhomme coming off his 2005 loss to the Seahawks at the age of 30, would you be calling him garbage and wanting him replaced with Darnold or a project rookie? Would you upgrade if that 2005 Delhomme were to hit the market?

Is he the best? No. Is he good enough and better than most? Yes.

Jimmy G is the best non-draft option available, and tied with a rookie for the #3 option with 2 rookies ahead of him.

The only problem is drafting one of those rookies and going with Jimmy G would likely keep Rhule around longer.

Edited by CPantherKing
  • Pie 3

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Garoppolo is better than any QB the Panthers have had and you all keep on trashing him like you have Peyton Manning available with the #6 pick.

Garoppolo has been to 5 conference championships and 3 SBs with 2 different teams. The 49ers defense and coaching staff have only been able to win with one QB - they've started 5 QBs. That coaching staff and defense are a .500 team without Garoppolo.

If this were pre Tommy John Jake Delhomme coming off his 2005 loss to the Seahawks at the age of 30, would you be calling him garbage and wanting him replaced with Darnold or a project rookie? Would you upgrade if that 2005 Delhomme were to hit the market?

Is he the best? No. Is he good enough and better than most? Yes.

Jimmy G is the best non-draft option available, and my tied with a rookie for the #3 option with 2 rookies ahead of him.

The only problem is drafting one of those rookies and going with Jimmy G would likely keep Rhule around longer.

Everyone keeps trying to sell Jimmy G based on the Niners' team accomplishments while ignoring his poor play.

Is Jimmy G better than Sam Darnold? Yeah. But that's no the whole question. Is he good enough to trade for and)or good enough to take a $24M cap hit on next year? Hell no. So trading for him would be an awful idea.

I'f we're a 4-5 win team with Darnold, we're probably a 6-7 win team with Jimmy G and then he's a free agent and here we are again a year from now.

22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone keeps trying to sell Jimmy G based on the Niners' team accomplishments while ignoring his poor play.

Is Jimmy G better than Sam Darnold? Yeah. But that's no the whole question. Is he good enough to trade for and)or good enough to take a $24M cap hit on next year? Hell no. So trading for him would be an awful idea.

I'f we're a 4-5 win team with Darnold, we're probably a 6-7 win team with Jimmy G and then he's a free agent and here we are again a year from now.

Imagine the tone-deafness of discounting post season wins.

The 9ers lose much more without Jimmy than with him.

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You seem upset. 😂

Compare their playoff stats. Mayfield was pretty good. Jimmy G plays like Darnold in the postseason.

Nahh, I'm just making fun of you for posting stupid shlt.

Compare the regular season stats.  JimmyG is a top tier QB, Baker is a whiny Sam.

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Nahh, I'm just making fun of you for posting stupid shlt.

Compare the regular season stats.  JimmyG is a top tier QB, Baker is a whiny Sam.

Top tier 😂 😂 😂

Keep making fun of people for winning in the playoffs way back in 2020, which is what I mocked you for doing. Because it deserved mocking when coming from a Panthers fan.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Top tier 😂 😂 😂

Keep making fun of people for winning in the playoffs way back in 2020, which is what I mocked you for doing. Because it deserved mocking when coming from a Panthers fan.

Regular season.  Yes.   JimmyG had a higher passer rating than Mahommes last year. 

But I know you think your posting looks smart.  🤣

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Regular season.  Yes.   JimmyG had a higher passer rating than Mahommes last year. 

But I know you think your posting looks smart.  🤣

Let's trade for Jimmy G because he's TOP TIER! He's so top tier that the Niners mortgaged their franchise swinging a massive trade up to draft a non-D1 QB prospect and he's so top tier that there have been no trade suitors come calling. 😂

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I'd take Garoppolo, Foles, and Flacco to fill the QB room. Ride out the years and be patient to grab that twice in a decade rookie QB. That would be the smart move. That is a SB worthy QB room. I'd also expect many fans to cry over that QB room just like they would have cried over a Jake Delhomme, Kurt Warner, and Brad Johnson QB room 15 years ago.

They would rather have Willis, Mariota, and Minshew in the QB room. I'd recommend they go to Vegas and play craps with their life savings.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let's trade for Jimmy G because he's TOP TIER! He's so top tier that the Niners mortgaged their franchise swinging a massive trade up to draft a non-D1 QB prospect and he's so top tier that there have been no trade suitors come calling. 😂

Dude has been a pathetic Jimmy G stan on every post about him. 
People like him are the reason we ended up with Bridgewater. Saw his stats on another team and thought it would translate to this team. 
75 yards in the NFC championship and 2 games losing interceptions in the post seasons is all I gotta see to convince me Jimmy G isn’t clutch and is carried by his team. 

• Poo 1