• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB talk with Polian

Shocker

I think the pick should be a LT or a gamble on the potential of Willis.  Drafting Icky or Neal at 6 is the best move for us long term as it won't handcuff the next coaching staff with a 2nd year QB they didn't draft. Let Rhule try and save his job with either Sam or a veteran like Jimmy G. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Polian says a lot of the same things I think about what makes a great quarterback. Just being a great athlete who can run fast and throw far isn't enough.

Too many people fall in love with the highlight reels and don't look at the whole picture.

Most of the biggest busts at qb have all fit that mold.   People think everything but speed and a big arm is coachable or will be improved and that's not the case a lot of the time.  Our coaches already did that exact thing with Darnold.

Desmond Ridder, Aqeel Glass, and Jack Coan.

These are the QBs with the production that consistently transfer from college to NFL playoff success. Most seasons we are lucky to see one QB with this college production. 1998, 2012 and now 2022 are the only seasons that have had multiple QBs like this in the top 15 QB prospects.

The others are backups and duds. Interested to see if Kaleb Eleby, EJ Perry, and Cole Kelley can land as NFL backups for the long haul.

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here's a news flash for everyone trying to crown Bill Polian... he was low key a terrible drafter. 😂

i've been trying to keep out of this discussion because i've always had a poor impression of polian. the guy lucked out on manning (being put in a situation where he could draft him) but he was never really able to build well around him. which is kind of funny for him to talk about a QB is only as good as the team around him because he just didn't pull it off very well.

i'll keep my other thoughts about him out of it, but i'll just reiterate that i think Polian and his legacy is overrated. 

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

i've been trying to keep out of this discussion because i've always had a poor impression of polian. the guy lucked out on manning (being put in a situation where he could draft him) but he was never really able to build well around him. which is kind of funny for him to talk about a QB is only as good as the team around him because he just didn't pull it off very well.

i'll keep my other thoughts about him out of it, but i'll just reiterate that i think Polian and his legacy is overrated. 

Same thing in Buffalo. Jim Kelly was already on the roster. He drafted a prototypical 6'5" cannon armed pocket statue with a room temperature IQ here in Carolina in Kerry Collins and the results were predictably middling.

• Pie 3

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We should just stop these threads. ONE side wants a pocket passer, the OTHER side wants a flashy cannon arm hot rod. Neither side will bend. It will be the same back and forth kind debate until the pick is made. Yawn city.

Both sides want a good QB. I really don't care which variety we have but the NFL really seems to be evolving toward pocket passers with mobility. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We should just stop these threads. ONE side wants a pocket passer, the OTHER side wants a flashy cannon arm hot rod. Neither side will bend. It will be the same back and forth kind debate until the pick is made. Yawn city.

Problem is, with this draft, both sides are looking at Volkswagens trying to convince themselves they'll be Lamborghinis.

• Beer 1