• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker not the only name on the list....

Lurk21

1 minute ago, Lurk21 said:

This is definitely  the season of misdirection. I just think it's going to take time getting used to a GM that is literally  working the phones nonstop. Hard to tell which situation  has any real substance  but at least he is looking vs sitting idle. Just hope it's nothing crippling if so.... Its tough thinking with what ifs with a hot seat coach....

Yup. Makes it tough for other teams to get an accurate read on what we’re up to. It’s academic that we have needs at LT and QB but Fitt is really trying to create multiple options for us to address these needs without unnecessarily showing our hand. Which is a refreshing change from past regimes.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The only thing to support this idea is pure hoping and wishing. 😂

Perhaps, but not really. If you look at where he came from, the way that he maneuvered his first draft and draft capital, and look at his demeanor and listen to his words during this off-season, there is some reason for hope--not "pure hope", but hope. Granted, there's always a degree of wishful thinking, especially with a relatively new GM...

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps, but not really. If you look at where he came from, the way that he maneuvered his first draft and draft capital, and look at his demeanor and listen to his words during this off-season, there is some reason for hope--not "pure hope", but hope. Granted, there's always a degree of wishful thinking, especially with a relatively new GM...

The Seahawks have drafted pretty terribly since early on in Carroll's career. Let's see how his first draft ultimately pans out but I'm not incredibly excited about it just yet.

23 minutes ago, Verge said:

The other names are Jimmy G and Minshew. I am sure we have called about Kyler too, I just have no idea what that situation is.

If we can land Minshew, that would be perfectly fine. I’ve kind of put him on the backburner because I’m not sure Philly really wants to deal him away, he’s a good asset.  He’s the type that could outlast Rhule and stay on even if we find a rookie in 23 or 24.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Seahawks have drafted pretty terribly since early on in Carroll's career. Let's see how his first draft ultimately pans out but I'm not incredibly excited about it just yet.

He wasn't in control there, but they were able to get some quality pieces that played (play) above their draft value. And I think our guys will too, even if it's just one or two. Moreover, I think that it's pretty much accepted at this point by NFL types that just looking at the value of the picks themselves (irrespective of the players), Fitterer was masterful. Too bad the the Darnold trade in free agency that preceded it dampened the mastery, and the Darnold extension just made Fitterer's overall viability questionable.

In my opinion, there's been a certain contingent in the Huddle that's just going to associate anything in regards to this regime as negative and have no objectivity towards it at all. I don't believe that it's been all bad, but that dumb Darnold decisions regarding trade compensation and his extension are perhaps difficult to see over.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Verge said:

The other names are Jimmy G and Minshew. I am sure we have called about Kyler too, I just have no idea what that situation is.

I wish we'd just send a mid-round pick next year to Philly for Minshew and get it over with. Stop this desperation to bet the franchise on a cast off.  Hell, that's what I wanted to do last year. Either trade for Minshew or sign Trubisky. Then I would've still drafted Fields and not felt any pressure to play him too early.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish we'd just send a mid-round pick next year to Philly for Minshew and get it over with. Stop this desperation to bet the franchise on a cast off.  Hell, that's what I wanted to do last year. Either trade for Minshew or sign Trubisky. Then I would've still drafted Fields and not felt any pressure to play him too early.

I get the feeling Philly is hesitant to move on from him and that he is third on our list anyways.

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Moreover, I think that it's pretty much accepted at this point by NFL types that just looking at the value of the picks themselves (irrespective of the players), Fitterer was masterful. 

I don't at all buy into this line of thinking. Games aren't played on the draft pick value chart. At the end of the day, the only thing that really matters is the quality of roster you field and your W-L record.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I just don't see the logic behind adding a headache--you already know he and Robby are going to lock horns--and you just signed that headache to a deal--dysfunctional teams usually struggle.

You cannot dictate what moves you make based on your wide receivers instagram posts 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

On the financial side Mayfield and Jimmy contracts and what their teams want are a major obstacle. 

49ers fans think they can get our 1st round pick for and oft injured mediocre QB. Which makes me laugh every time I see once of their mock drafts. Plus the 9ers are gonna have to take on some of Jimmy’s contract. We can’t afford his contract straight up. 

Baker’s attitude aside, Panthers will need the Browns to take on most of his contract and we are not giving up our first round pick for Baker. 

If the 9ers or Browns are willing to take less and give more then I think the Panthers could get them for a one year rental. If not I don’t want them.