• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week Of: Draft Buzz, Rumors, & News (w/updates)

davos

17 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Brown is literally exactly what we knew he was going to be. The same player he was in college. A fine player that can help you win, but not a player worth the #7 overall pick

He was the baddest man in the SEC, just hasnt even got to the "you got to double him" stage thus far. Star played better than him though 2 years, panthers need that SEC version of terror in the pocket....

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

He was the baddest man in the SEC, just hasnt even got to the "you got to double him" stage thus far. Star played better than him though 2 years, panthers need that SEC version of terror in the pocket....

I don't agree with the Star playing better thing.. Statistically it's near the same with Brown being better at pressure %.. But I understand it looks like he did because the defense was more dominant, we won more and Luke and TD were incredible behind him...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LotuSt00.htm

To

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowDe05.htm

Edited by WOW!!

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don't agree with the Star playing better thing.. Statistically it's near the same with Brown being better at pressure %.. But I understand it looks like he did because the defense was more dominant, we won more and Luke and TD were incredible behind him...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LotuSt00.htm

To

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowDe05.htm

DT are hard to gauge, my memory is not what it was. I just remember Star having a bigger impact and he was getting doubled early and often. Almost sure of it.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

8.5 career sacks qualifies as the baddest man in the SEC? News to me.

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

8.5 career sacks qualifies as the baddest man in the SEC? News to me.

Have you seen him bully SEC OLmen like a bulldog with his favorite chew toy? Joe Brady famously said Brown was the hardest player to game-plan against in the whole SEC. DTs and sacks, that is one of the most over rated stats. Pressures, hurries, TFL, are you doubled, just you force the QB/RB to change where he places his feet. Brown tore apart the SEC. 

6 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

If the Panthers draft Picket, I will never listen to the local guys again who claim the Panthers are not that interested in him. 

The local guys, and the Huddle brain trust are usually pretty far off. Walterfootball has been much more accurate over the years than our guys. They've actually nailed our pick for years.

10 hours ago, Basbear said:

Have you seen him bully SEC OLmen like a bulldog with his favorite chew toy? Joe Brady famously said Brown was the hardest player to game-plan against in the whole SEC. DTs and sacks, that is one of the most over rated stats. Pressures, hurries, TFL, are you doubled, just you force the QB/RB to change where he places his feet. Brown tore apart the SEC. 

Ummmmmmm you've seen Joe Bradys game plans though.  A paper bag and a trash can would be tough for him to game plan against. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, toldozer said:

Ummmmmmm you've seen Joe Bradys game plans though.  A paper bag and a trash can would be tough for him to game plan against. 

I think hes just too young and didnt have NFL answers with the constant problems that arise on a daily/weekly basis. He needed to run the ball much more after CMC got injured. That would have helped Sam and OL greatly, but he was stuck on his focus of throwing and "defending every blade of grass". Another thing Teddy was right about his questions in Brady running a practice skillset. Just tooooo much to over come. Honestly Joe would still be here if CMC remained healthy both years.  

For me Macadoo is a clear upgrade.