• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I got a chubby thinking about this line...

7 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I doubt that, but I'd be OK if he played like a 3rd ROUND pick at this point.

Some forget about the first 3 games of last year.  He actually looked like a real QB.  300yds passing, low ints, running TD's, CMC and wins.  And then the 5 sack Cowboys game destroyed him.  And lost CMC.  And the downward spiral went straight to the bottom of the toilet. 

Not saying he plays like a 3rd overall pick behind a line like this BUT he has at least shown some ability before the line fell into disarray (and the loss of CMC).  He definitely isn't good enough to play at a high level on his own but with a good line and weapons, he might be serviceable. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

Some forget about the first 3 games of last year.  He actually looked like a real QB.  300yds passing, low ints, running TD's, CMC and wins.  And then the 5 sack Cowboys game destroyed him.  And lost CMC.  And the downward spiral went straight to the bottom of the toilet. 

Not saying he plays like a 3rd overall pick behind a line like this BUT he has at least shown some ability before the line fell into disarray (and the loss of CMC).  He definitely isn't good enough to play at a high level on his own but with a good line and weapons, he might be serviceable. 

I'll give him that. He did look passable (pun unintended) at the beginning of last season. He played his heart out those first 4 games, despite being absolutely demolished in Dallas. It was nice to see someone play with a little passion after Teddy dialed it in the previous year. 

I think your right that losing CMC and Dallas making him think that he was still in NY broke his psyche.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

I'll give him that. He did look passable (pun unintended) at the beginning of last season. He played his heart out those first 4 games, despite being absolutely demolished in Dallas. It was nice to see someone play with a little passion after Teddy dialed it in the previous year. 

I think your right that losing CMC and Dallas making him think that he was still in NY broke his psyche.

Despite the downturn in Dallas, we still only lost that game by 8 points. Sam was 26-39/301yds/2 TDs/2 INTS.  It was the play after that game that became so concerning. I still think having McAdoo and Campen on the coaching staff is going to help whomever we put behind center in 2022; be it Darnold or another vet, or a rookie ( Pickett or Willis).

The offense was predictable last season. Our 2nd half woes (the 3rd quarter in particular) aren't all on the QB's. I was glad to see Brady leave town. The pass blocking was atrocious. There were some games I trembled each me Sam, Cam, or PJ took a snap on passing plays. I'll be shocked if we don't substantially improve our offensive performance in 2022 with the new coaching additions.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

What good oline has he had so far?

he had a good OL in college.  he still did all the dumb stuff back then just like he does in the pros.  Sam was a turnover panic machine from the very start.   It's not the OL creating Sam being dumb.  Sam always has done that from the very beginning.  

Bad OLs didn't make him bad.  He was always what he is. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

LT Ekwonu/Neal/Cross
LG Brady Christensen 
C Bradley Bozeman 
RG Austin Corbett 
RT Taylor Moton

...but then get limp thinking about Darnold being QB. 

Reporting to the mods!!111!!!

Youre not allowed to get happy about the team. Only whining is allowed, change your tune or nice knowing you.....