• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Aaron Wilson: “The Panthers love Penning”

TheSpecialJuan

NFL teams covet a nasty, aggressive presence at the line of scrimmage. That personifies what Northern Iowa left offensive tackle Trevor Penning is all about — the overpowering 6-foot-7, 329-pound lineman body-slammed defensive linemen at the Senior Bowl

Where will Penning ultimately be selected in the 2022 NFL Draft? The Ravens (who draft 14th overall), the Carolina Panthers (in a trade-back scenario moving back from their current No. 6 overall selection), the Titans, and even the Kansas City Chiefs (should they trade up) were all referenced as potential destinations for Penning, according to sources

“The Panthers love Penning,” a source said. “He’s also a Ravens type of guy with a similar type of tough-guy attitude to Marshal Yanda.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-news-rumors-teams-doing-late-homework-oregon-pass-rusher-kayvon-thibodeaux/

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Imagine a stud LT falls to #6.....and they trade back to pick up someone who largely projects as a RT just to get 2nd round pick to make up for other bad moves by the front office. 

were gonna fleece New Orleans.  Dont care what the pick is as long as we screw them.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Imagine a stud LT falls to #6.....and they trade back to pick up someone who largely projects as a RT just to get 2nd round pick to make up for other bad moves by the front office. 

He can play LG as well so let's not totally destroy the idea.. If you draft him and get picks.. You get a battle in camp between him and BC for LT and who ever loses goes to Guard.. Not a bad situation..

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He can play LG as well so let's not totally destroy the idea.. If you draft him and get picks.. You get a battle in camp between him and BC for LT and who ever loses goes to Guard.. Not a bad situation..

if someone like Evan Neal drops to #6?  That's a better situation.   Because he is a better LT prospect than either of those 2.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

if someone like Evan Neal drops to #6?  That's a better situation.   Because he is a better LT prospect than either of those 2.   

I totally agree.. Don't get me wrong.. Any of the top 3 are there it would have to take a ransom for me to feel right about trading back.. I'm just not going to go Nuclear if it happens because I like Penning attitude.. "Sacks happen" won't be a mantra from him..

30 minutes ago, Zod said:

If we draft another right tackle I'm going to punch someone in the ovaries.

This FO really seems to love boom or bust options. Darnold, Henderson, trade down for a potential boom or bust LT in order to get another boom or bust QB at the bottom of the 1st or 2nd.