• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold has no more excuses

ENCPantherfan2

To those of you worried about Ichey just lol. His run blocking is what that side was beyond weak at. And having guys pass rush Sam should increase his play, it's where he puts up his best numbers...not that it will be desirable in the end.

With a Sam quality QB, just run the damn ball and don't over think it. Kind of like having a rookie but without the hope of improvement.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

It won’t fix what is in between Sam’s ears.  All Sam’s problems exist with time and protect.  Always have.  Since college. 

I agree and think the same about Cam.  When you get pressure on either of them early in a game they start pressing and their footwork goes to crap causing the bad passes and poor decisions with the football. 

1 minute ago, Barney said:

I agree and think the same about Cam.  When you get pressure on either of them early in a game they start pressing and their footwork goes to crap causing the bad passes and poor decisions with the football. 

Cam’s just shot.  Cam always dealt well with pressure.  It’s just a DNA thing. 

Sam makes some of his worse decisions with time and protection.  The first read has to be there and be open or you always will regret Sam Darnold in the end.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

46 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Darnold is partly why I didn't put a usual $20 on the Panthers winning the SB thus year, even at listed 75/1 or 100/1 odds.

Now watch them actually do it. 🙄

If they do that with Sam at QB, I will relapse back into the annoying Darnold Fanboy that @kungfoodude, @LinvilleGorge, and @hepcatlove so much.

Meaning....that won't happen in a BILLION YEARS.

Sam is D-O-N-E not only as the Panthers QB but as a QB, period.

Those who say that he'd be a solid backup?

Show me the stats / proof that lead you to that laughable conclusion....

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

If they do with Sam at QB, I will morph back into the annoying Darnold Fanboy that @kungfoodude, @LinvilleGorge, and @hepcatlove so much.

Meaning....that won't happen in a BILLION YEARS.

Sam is D-O-N-E not only as the Panthers QB but as a QB, period.

Those who say that he'd be a solid backup?

Show me the stats / proof that lead you to that laughable conclusion....

The guy was crying on the field last year, I don't know how they don't do something during or after the draft.

He isn't a starter but he could be a backup. He will get another shot, just at a much lower pay and much less expectations.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The guy was crying on the field last year, I don't know how they don't do something during or after the draft.

He isn't a starter but he could be a backup. He will get another shot, just at a much lower pay and much less expectations.

I don't agree.  The only thing he'd be good at right now is PR and holding a clipboard while fetching coffee for the coaches and Gatorade for the team.

I have a feeling once he's done stealing the Panthers' money, he'll fall out of the league entirely. 

All the tools, none of the brains.

Edited by glenwo2

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I don't agree.  The only thing he'd be good at right now is PR and holding a clipboard while fetching coffee for the coaches and Gatorade for the team.

I have a feeling once he's done stealing the Panthers' money, he'll fall out of the league entirely. 

Costanza Principle?

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Isn't that what a backup does when they have an established starter?

Yeah he isn't good and I don't think he ever improves. I could still see a team paying him very little to hold a clipboard and chase 'improvement' for a year.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Isn't that what a backup does when they have an established starter?

Yeah he isn't good and I don't think he ever improves. I could still see a team paying him very little to hold a clipboard and chase 'improvement' for a year.

Would be a waste of money but if a team wants a glorified (and expensive) male cheerleader, then by all means...they can have him.

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Would be a waste of money but if a team wants a glorified (and expensive) male cheerleader, then by all means...they can have him.

We will be paying most if not all of that this year. If he even can keep a backup spot it is going to be for cheap, like we should have done with him.

Yeah, that is a QB I would love to see us play against. That would be fun. Other than that, fug'em.

• Beer 1

I don't know if Darnold will be good enough to take us anywhere this year but the team will be much improved and Darnold will benefit immensely if he starts. Much of his issues last year was rushing his footwork to get the ball out before he got clobbered. The old clean pocket stat is skewed by how many times Darnold actually had a clean pocket compared to how often he was pressured. If you get pressured more than not you feel pressure when it isn't there or try to press and make a play that isn't there because this was your best chance with no pressure. 

His issues are mental not physical and yes they can be fixed. I do it all the time. For those wanting a top 5 finish, it isn't going to happen.  We will be better than that.

And I am not going to argue back in forth in May about something that we won't know about before the fall. Who knows if Sam will even be the starter. But feel free to pin it so you can refer to it if we suck badly. I really think that we will be much better no.matter who is at QB this year. We actually have NFL coaches now.

• Pie 1