• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers going to deal for Baker or Jimmy G? Not so fast per Fowler (tonight)

ncfan

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Howell does seem the most likely at this point. would be very cool to have both NC State and UNC represented on the team in such a big way...provided that they did well. I can see Howell happening more than anyone else at this point, though. 

Also he went to sun valley.  I went to sun valley and still live just a few miles away.  Too cool for him not to be a panther.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you could convince me that we were getting the Sam Howell I saw last year, I could more easily get on board with it.

And I'd really want to know that he had the right skills to run a West Coast style attack.

You only saw the Howell of this year because UNC couldn't pass protect and only had one legit pass catcher.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:01 AM, Waldo said:

If his job is even in question...

Doubtful tho, last yearz early schedule was a cake walk. This year should be brutal. I could see a step back if we roll with Sam.

Possibly you never know with Rhule but just having NFL talent in the coaching department is a step better. 

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, OldhamA said:

What has Fields done in the NFL to convince you he's the guy?

Look at his play behind Chicagos horrendous line. There was talent there. Same with Mac Jones fitting NEs system. Fields has a higher ceiling than Jones but Jones has indefinitely better coaching and talent around him. Not to mention if we picked Fields last year we could have had a 1st and second this year and not traded a future 3rd next year. Darnald cost us as it stands a 2nd, 3rd, a 4th, and a 6th. That's 4 picks we could have saved if we didn't trade for Darnald. 

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Possibly you never know with Rhule but just having NFL talent in the coaching department is a step better. 

Yes but also an amazingly low bar still. 

On game day Rhule is still in charge until he isn't. Looks like roster control has shifted some but they have zero control during a game. 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yes but also an amazingly low bar still. 

On game day Rhule is still in charge until he isn't. Looks like roster control has shifted some but they have zero control during a game. 

You will get no argument with me there. The fans standards are way higher than Teppers. 

• Flames 1