• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Carolina Panther's draft picks

I thought our TE's really underperformed last year (including Tremble) despite his hot start. I was surprised that the team used Giovani Ricci at FB when scheme called for a FB. I thought Tremble might get those looks due to his reputation as a blocker. I'm not sure if he was misused or they were just taking it easy with his responsibilities because he was a rook. IMO Ricci was a wasted roster spot.

19 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Plus Darnold wasn't the most accurate passer on those plays.   I'd give him a break.

Drops are catchable targets and blamed on the receiver.

Its true that the number of carries affects the average, but those were the people with rushes on the team.  3.7 is nothing spectacular as CMC at 4.5 shows.  Chubba Hubbard has the  worst STONE HANDS in the league.  His drop rate is THREE TIMES Robby on CHECKDOWNS. 

Not sure I understand the love for a sub-par 4th rounder, but whatever.    You seem very offended.

Are you Chubb's agent or something?  If so, good luck.

🙂

Edited by poundaway

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Drops are catchable targets and blamed on the receiver.

Its true that the number of carries affects the average, but those were the people with rushes on the team.  3.7 is nothing spectacular as CMC at 4.5 shows.  Chubba Hubbard has the  worst STONE HANDS in the league.  His drop rate is THREE TIMES Robby on CHECKDOWNS. 

Not sure I understand the love for a sub-par 4th rounder, but whatever.    You seem very offended.

Are you Chubb's agent or something?  If so, good luck.

🙂

Sub-Par?   Hubbard was 4th amongst all rookie running backs rushing yards.  Not bad considering he played behind the worst O-line in history. 

SF Mitchell 963

Den Williams 903

NYJ Carter 639

Car Hubbard 612

Hubbard would not be the first RB to have a bad rookie year in catching footballs.  You make it sound as if since he had a poor year catching the ball out of the backfield he's not worth keeping.

If he were a 3rd or 4th year running back I might agree with you.  

The difference between you and I is I see for what he was, A rookie.  You see him as a polished vet that is mediocre. 

The point of the OP was our rookies from 2021 can and should produce more.   While he may or may not surpass his 2021 numbers due to CMC  and Foreman getting most of the carries.  I do see him contributing with much better stats wise in 2022.  And should either go down he will be a reliable RB.

HE'LL 100% make the team.  I'd bet on it. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I won't say he failed at all.  Brady IMO didn't know how to use him.  Tremble has the talent and I think he'll have better 2022.

Agreed on Marshall but I felt Rhule was playing the veteran card with Marshall.  The guy balled out in training camp but didn't see the field much.

I meant if they failed next year. I give them both a pass on this first year.  

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Sub-Par?   Hubbard was 4th amongst all rookie running backs rushing yards.  Not bad considering he played behind the worst O-line in history. 

🤣
Thats funny, comparing Chubba to other rookies.  Chubba had more YARDS than many rookies because he had more attempts than them and that was only because CMC got hurt, not because Chubba is a an awesome running back. 

Love you some of that 4th rounder, stone handed, Chubba Hubbard.  Love away.

🙄

Hubbard passed the eye test a few times but had a really slow start, regardless of line performance.  Mix of vision and pickup speed when he had an opening were lacking.  You'd like to see rookie RBs be a bit more ready these days given success around the league.  SF isn't afraid to admit Sermon isn't quite kicking it, luckily had Mitchell go ham.  We just gotta keep testing out RBs.  Haven't had one stick in a minute.  

Marshall, Hubbard, Brown, Shi, & Nixon are the ones that have a lot to prove IMO.  Fletcher is pretty much the first confirmed bust.  I'd love to see Marshall pan out/would hate to have drafted the one bust from the greatest college offense in history.

Hoskins was actually quite good and the best surprise on the DL last season.

Overall, Horn, Christensen, Tremble, & Hoskins seems promising.  I'm not getting any hopes up for the rest, would love to be surprised by any of them this year though.  Hope they prove their 2021 experience wrong.  Horn is the only legitimate starter that will have substantial playing time.  Christensen likely, hopeful for Tremble.

28 minutes ago, poundaway said:

🤣
Thats funny, comparing Chubba to other rookies.  Chubba had more YARDS than many rookies because he had more attempts than them and that was only because CMC got hurt, not because Chubba is a an awesome running back. 

Love you some of that 4th rounder, stone handed, Chubba Hubbard.  Love away.

🙄

Equally you hate on a rookie RB because he didn't catch out of the backfield well.  Room for improvement.  

If CMC stays healthy he probably won't get as many carries but he'll have a better YPC and catch better this year.

Glad you aren't running the roster.  We'd have only front line players and no depth. 

18 hours ago, stbugs said:

HFS, those glasses are so rose colored it’s no wonder you can’t see through them that you’d even suggest that Hubbard should be the RB over CMC.

I think you need to re-read the OP cause you seem to be wayyyyyy overblowing what he said out of proportion.  He said he wouldn't be surprised to see the team use Hubbard at RB with CMC in the slot (an important qualifier that you are overlooking).  You somehow took that as him saying Hubbard is a better RB than CMC and that we should bench CMC in favor of Hubbard?  He's not even necessarily advocating for that, just saying he wouldn't be surprised.  I think he's simply making a case for the package of Hubbard (RB) + Moore/Anderson/CMC (in the slot) being a potentially effective wrinkle to use in place of a package of CMC (RB) + Moore/Anderson/presumably Marshall.  I don't think that's a contentious or rose-colored take, assuming he means using that package sparingly and not as our default package in transitioning CMC to full-time slot WR.

But @DaveThePanther2008 can correct the record if I'm wrong and clarify if he was saying Hubbard is a better RB than CMC.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I think you need to re-read the OP cause you seem to be wayyyyyy overblowing what he said out of proportion.  He said he wouldn't be surprised to see the team use Hubbard at RB with CMC in the slot (an important qualifier that you are overlooking).  You somehow took that as him saying Hubbard is a better RB than CMC and that we should bench CMC in favor of Hubbard?  He's not even necessarily advocating for that, just saying he wouldn't be surprised.  I think he's simply making a case for the package of Hubbard (RB) + Moore/Anderson/CMC (in the slot) being a potentially effective wrinkle to use in place of a package of CMC (RB) + Moore/Anderson/presumably Marshall.  I don't think that's a contentious or rose-colored take, assuming he means using that package sparingly and not as our default package in transitioning CMC to full-time slot WR.

But @DaveThePanther2008 can correct the record if I'm wrong and clarify if he was saying Hubbard is a better RB than CMC.

No where did I ever say Hubbard was better than CMC.  That would be a ludicrous statement.

What the entire post was about was our rookies from 2021 would and should be counted on to contribute more this season. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, davos said:

I’m still blindly on the Tremble train. That kid got a 30 yard pass, 2 pt conversion and touchdown his first 3 nfl touches. 

He’s a beast blocker and honestly better than where Kittle was at catching wise coming out.

When he lines up beside Icky, there's gonna be hell to pay.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We'd have only front line players and no depth. 

Exactly the opposite.  I wouldn't have gone into the season relying on a 4th round rookie as my only backup to CMC.    I'm not so  starry eye enamored with Chuba "oops I dropped the ball" Hubbard. 

Thank God, you aren't in charge of the roster.

Edited by poundaway

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Exactly the opposite.  I wouldn't have gone into the season relying on a 4th round rookie as my only backup to CMC.    I'm not so  starry eye enamored with Chuba "oops I dropped the ball" Hubbard. 

Thank God, you aren't in charge of the roster.

Where did I say Hubbard was the ONLY backup to CMC?  You must learn how to read before you spout your mouth off. 

This entire post was to say our 2021 rookies would contribute more in 2022. 

Somehow you think if a draft pick doesn't pan out in year one he's a bust.   

41 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

our rookies from 2021 would and should be counted on to contribute more this season. 

Chuba is going to see the field less this season, regardless whether CMC gets hurt.  Foreman will see to that.  Its for the best.

Edited by poundaway