• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike D'Antoni in strong position to land Hornets' head-coaching job, per report

Martin

Hell yes!  This was who i wanted.  That's what I'm talking about.  LaMelo could ascend to MVP contention under D'Antoni.  And people rag on D'Antoni's defenses, but I guarantee you it will still be better than that garbage JB was rolling out there the last few years.  And at the very least, we will be consistent and structured.  And if he can bring in a defensive coordinator-type, like Ham that Lurk mentioned above, even better.  We are going to be a problem!

• Beer 3

MDA is a good coach but old. My guess is he's coaching for a year or two then transitions to the front office to take Mitch's job becuase he wants to retire. He'll hand the coaching job over to whatever lead assistant he picks. Hopefully they groom a good one

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, toldozer said:

Why would ham make a lateral move from a team that is much much better?  My problem with dantoni is he will only be here 3 seasons max

Bc it'd be with the promise to take over the reigns. Ham worked with Mike in Los Angeles and both were hired by Mitch.  Give him the label Asst Head Coach and etc. 

Edited by Lurk21

6 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Bc it'd be with the promise to take over the reigns. Ham worked with Mike in Los Angeles and both were hired by Mitch.  Give him the label Asst Head Coach and etc. 

Solid point, he’d get Charlotte’s job well before he’d get Milwaukee’s. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Stoudemire join up with MDA again. Both worked together in Brooklyn under Nash.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Solid point, he’d get Charlotte’s job well before he’d get Milwaukee’s. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Stoudemire join up with MDA again. Both worked together in Brooklyn under Nash.

Definitely and another guy who name keeps coming up in coaching cycles. 

3 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

He's being talked about now though as a head coach. Milwaukee continues to win his name will stay relevant if he doesn't get hired this year.  He comes here and it doesn't go well it will set him back a few years

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, toldozer said:

He's being talked about now though as a head coach. Milwaukee continues to win his name will stay relevant if he doesn't get hired this year.  He comes here and it doesn't go well it will set him back a few years

I could definitely  see that scenario too or he could go elsewhere and flame put and get put even further back. I've seen both scenarios,  so no telling but I'm sure any talks with Mike have had  to be linked to an successor. I'd imagine his assistants at each stop have been mentioned.  If you look around  the league, it's not a bunch of positions open honestly. 

Edited by Lurk21

• 2 weeks later...