• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Best bets" article puts Panthers under 5.5 wins

Mr. Scot

Roster has been improved on the O-line and DB side. 
Weaknesses are potentially D-line and definitely QB. 
A bad D-line can bring down even a good DB group. 
Same with a bad QB can bring down the entire offense. 
I agree and disagree with 5.5 wins. This team could be a playoff team or be competing for the number 1 pick. 

16 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Roster has been improved on the O-line and DB side. 
Weaknesses are potentially D-line and definitely QB. 
A bad D-line can bring down even a good DB group. 
Same with a bad QB can bring down the entire offense. 
I agree and disagree with 5.5 wins. This team could be a playoff team or be competing for the number 1 pick. 

I think our dline will be ok, but i am a glass half full person on this board. This article likes us too:

Fantasy article but still....

The Panthers' defense was underrated in 2021. Yes, the team struggled, but the offense holds the majority of the blame. The Panthers' defense finished 15th in DVOA and was middle of the pack in sacks. The defensive line did a good job getting pressure as they finished second in pass rush win rate. 

This unit has a ton of upside heading into 2022. Brian Burns is a star in the making, and Derrick Brown and Yetur Gross-Matos have the potential to break out. There is not a ton of depth, but watch out if the starters stay healthy. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He was perfectly healthy in 2019, in fact he had a record breaking season and we still won 5 games.  Running backs dont win games anymore in the NFL.  Its a new day.

Yeah, that's another thing.......

It's fine to say you want to be a road grading, run it down your throat offense but name the amount of teams in the NFL that have great success with that strategy.

Regardless of our running proficiency, we will need some competent QB play.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We've won 5 games the past 2 seasons, the question should be....What the fug are you watching? 

The key word in my op was “HEALTHY”, you know free of injury. I mean damn man, he’s the best RB and receiver on the team, the best dual threat in the league. So yeah, when your best player is out you’re going to lose most of those games. What happens if CMC plays in the Dallas, Philly and Minnesota stretch last year? 

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

The key word in my op was “HEALTHY”, you know free of injury. I mean damn man, he’s the best RB and receiver on the team, the best dual threat in the league. So yeah, when your best player is out you’re going to lose most of those games. What happens if CMC plays in the Dallas, Philly and Minnesota stretch last year? 

Check out 2019

12 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Lol we went 5-11 with cmc being healthy

Honestly, I'm looking at our schedule, our coaches and our players.

I've got three maybe wins, New York Giants, Falcons, Falcons. I'd throw in one win to a team that will be surprisingly bad (not sure who it will be, but there's always one of them). 

I can't get behind even five wins. Steelers? Nope. Even with questions at QB, they're a better team and better coached. They can just keep handing the ball off and run us over. Detroit? That's a bad team getting better. We're a bad team spinning its wheels. Seahawks? Better coaching and they take us after a bye wherein we may have just lost our coach and folks are making January vacation plans on the team.

Yeah, I love some of our additions this off season, but I just have no faith in the coach. That being said, I'd love for him to prove me wrong, wrong, wrong, but that ain't going to happen.