Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

"Best bets" article puts Panthers under 5.5 wins


Recommended Posts

From Vic Tafur in The Athletic...

Panthers Under 5.5 (+115)

The Panthers improved their offensive line. Too bad Sam Darnold is still the QB. There is still some question as to whether Matt Rhule knows what he is doing, which is not ideal in Year 3. They have a shot thanks to their friendly schedule, but if they don’t split their first four games against the Browns, Giants, Saints and Cardinals, or sweep the Falcons, they are in big, big trouble. 

NFL win totals, over/unders and best bets for all 32 teams

Tafur is a long time Raiders beat writer now working for The Athletic as a national reporter.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If already said if I had laid money I would take the over because I am calling for 6 wins.  But that line is perfect at 5.5.  Hard to figure out which side of it to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Vic Tafur in The Athletic...

Panthers Under 5.5 (+115)

The Panthers improved their offensive line. Too bad Sam Darnold is still the QB. There is still some question as to whether Matt Rhule knows what he is doing, which is not ideal in Year 3. They have a shot thanks to their friendly schedule, but if they don’t split their first four games against the Browns, Giants, Saints and Cardinals, or sweep the Falcons, they are in big, big trouble. 

NFL win totals, over/unders and best bets for all 32 teams

Tafur is a long time Raiders beat writer now working for The Athletic as a national reporter.

So this guy isn't expecting the team to make any progress during the season, which is totally fair considering we actually regressed. Interesting both years we had early 3 game winning streaks and then got figured out/nearly got shut out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Over. We have a much improved Oline and CMC is likely to make it past 7 games this year. Our schedule might be a tad more difficult (impossible to tell at this point) but we get ATL x 2 again.

I counter your giddy optimism with...

As 'fire Matt Rhule' chants break out, Panthers coach reflects on lost  season: 'I should be booed' | Sporting News

Edited by bigpoppa
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Over. We have a much improved Oline and CMC is likely to make it past 7 games this year. Our schedule might be a tad more difficult (impossible to tell at this point) but we get ATL x 2 again.

I have yet to see someone take a schedule and put the actual 8 wins out there though.  It would then require the Panthers pulling some big upsets IMO after basically running the table on all the close ones. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, CRA said:

I have yet to see someone take a schedule and put the actual 8 wins out there though.  It would then require the Panthers pulling some big upsets IMO after basically running the table on all the close ones. 

Eight? We are talking six wins to cover.  

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Eight? We are talking six wins to cover.  

I think I read the post wrong.  You said make it past 7 games.  I read that as wins intitially.  That's where my mind got 8. You meant CMC. 

 But yeah, I'd take the over if forced with 6.  I can't get much higher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...